or Connect

Posts by JL83

So, how far from that stalls does the nursing area need to be for it to be acceptable? Most of the ones I know are in their own little room just inside the restroom. No funky smells there. I don't see the issue. If you don't want to use this place, then don't. Some of us (like me) like having a private place when we need some space to get a good latch.
I don't generally go around rubbing my breasts on surfaces before I nurse... Does anyone know where the nursing area is in relationship to the stalls? Is it around the corner? Directly across? Does it alternate stall then easy chair, then another stall?
We're considering a Waldorf preschool for our 3.5yo DD. There is the possibility that she could stay there for K and then elementary, but right now the plan would be just for 1 year of preschool and then move to public school. We are also considering a Reggio Emilia public preschool. Now, there are alot of pros and cons to each school (different number of days/week, different cost, different teacher/student ratios). I can go into those if that would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by polykow In My original post I quoted the wording in bold letters. Like I said, I DO NOT think they are trying to make anyone nurse in the bathroom. I do think they had GOOD intentions but a nursing area in a restroom is unacceptable and we need to politely let them know. Again please help write informative letters to the Zoo. Their info is posted above. Thanks! Why is a nursing area in a restroom...
Personally I like having a nursing area in the bathroom... Both my children have had issues with breastfeeding at various points. With my first we had latch issues. I have very strong letdown, so my babies don't have to latch well to get milk. But, bad latches will make me very sore. So sometimes I have to have PRIVACY to get a good latch. I have no problem with normal breastfeeding in mixed company. But, if I'm going to be pulling out my whole boob to hold it...
I would not take the 19mo because she won't get it. At least, my DD at that age wouldn't have wanted to sit still or be quiet at the right times. It would have been stressful keeping her quiet and either DH or I would have ended up taking her out of the room so that she didn't bother people. I don't think a funeral would upset or scar a 19mo. Do you think your DD would get anything out of going? Do you think she would be able to be quiet for the length of the...
I think there should be a mix. We're shopping for a preschool right now. We've rejected the couple of completely academic free "playschools". They just don't have anything of value for us. My kids plays with other kids all the time at home and at the playgroup we go to. They didn't do fun/cool crafts or have a focus on learning. They were simply a free for all where kids can play for 2.5 hours 3 days a week. So now we're considering a preschool that is...
Because of second hand information and it likely being followed up on by the teacher, I'd want my child to attend. BUT... If at all possible, I would want to attend too to find out what she's being taught.
We live in a townhouse too. Same kind of thing with the 6' fences maintained by the condo association. The way our by-laws are written is that UNLESS you have built a fence (and it says the dimensions) then the yard is NOT exclusive us. So, unless you fence the yard, you can't prevent other people from using it. Our by-laws state that all land belongs to the condo association (so our title doesn't have the yard on it), but you have the right to fence off a certain...
Quote: Originally Posted by St. Margaret I don't think it's crazy AT ALL to not feel comfortable with overnights, ESPECIALLY FOR BABIES, which is what we're talking about. Actually, I believe the OP said her son was 2. That's not a baby at all.