or Connect

Posts by jsh7809

Just to prove that you could still have this problem if you'd introduced solids at 4-6 months , I've been trying to introduce them (slowly and mostly for play) with my 6.5 month old for about a month, and she is just.not.into it!  I've stopped trying to "make" her eat (I don't even know why I was trying so diligently - I guess I always assumed she'd want to eat, and then was trying to "teach" her despite knowing it was unnecessary).  Right now she's playing with a chunk...
very nice, P&H! Today I had lunch with relatives and they were wanting to feed my baby (6.5 months) everything - "can't she have some butter?" "you know she wants to eat some of this roll" etc etc. I gave her a tiny bit of broccoli and a slurp of watermelon, and nothing made it down her throat. Her gag reflex IS way more forward, so at this point anything that's not milk just gets spit out (with lots of drama, like, what IS this?! ). I can't imagine how a 3 or 4 month...
I can relate - I've always loved babies, but having my own is such a different story! I have to say, she's 6 months now and I am really really enjoying this age. Independence, better communication, but she still isn't crawling or walking. I too have gotten that "oh NO you don't wish she could walk and talk!" and I understand, but I think I really will thrive with a toddler/ preschooler. Time will tell, bu that has always been my favorite age when I've worked with...
Ericka, that is SO weird. People are freaky! I love his red hair . I'm a redhead and my husband is pretty Irish looking so even though Symphony very obviously has brown hair growing in, everyone is determined to decide "no, no, I can see some red!". Oh well Ivy, your kids are adorable! Where did you get that thingy that's holding Becky up/ steady in the bath? We need something like that... DH won't get in with her, but she hates lying down for bathtime now (or...
sew_crafty, I am in the same place. just spent almost an hour getting her to sleep and I know she's going to wake to have me resettle her anytime now. grr. I am working so hard on the patience thing... and reading Wonder Weeks does help some, since it reminds me it is all normal stuff, puts it into context (essentially, that our babies are learning that there is distance and relationships with people and objects at this age - so she knows I can leave her, but doesn't...
Quote: Originally Posted by jenfl All it takes is me saying I think I'm out of the sleep regression to fall right back into it. Oh, Jen, do I ever feel you! Last night was one of our worse yet I do find Wonder Weeks (got it yesterday!) very interesting, and very helpful. Getting perspective on what is going on with her, and lots of reminders that it will end soonish. We are smack dab in the midst of the 26 week regression... I hope we...
OK, I'm the outcast - I WILL get the flu shot, but just me, not the baby. I'm pretty paranoid about germs (I know, I know, I need to get over it before she's in preschool!), and I get sick a lot more often when I'm sleep deprived... hmm! I also have way back bronchitis when I get sick, almost every time, so that's something I hope to avoid. I am obsessed with sleep... but rightly so: yesterday I was exhausted and felt depressed, defeated, frustrated, sad. Last...
Yes, I agree with everyone here (especially the part about "what did we DO?!!" and worrying that she was unhappy). It is common for newborns to "wake up" and start fussing a lot around 2 weeks, and our baby went from calm awake or quiet sleeping to crying a LOT around 1 week old. It was terrifying - sounds funny now, but we were really really concerned that something was wrong. And then stressed that she was stressed. But she was just learning to adjust to the world,...
Sleep was much much better last night!! I don't know why, and am trying to just enjoy feeling fully rested for a change. I got in bed with her pretty early and I don't remember her waking me up more than once (though I may have slept through some, and I woke HER up when I went pee at 3ish). Phew!! I will hope and pray for a repeat but who knows; I'm just glad I got a break for once. Here's my 41.5 week ...
Rhi, that's awesome!! I've wondered if it's possible that my baby goes against most of the common baby sleep wisdom and would sleep better at night with no naps. At this point, though, who the hell knows. She just will not settle unless I am right there with my finger in her mouth... and even with that, last night she really only slept from midnight to 3 or maybe 4. The rest of the time was spent in half hour bursts, with crying and whining and fussing and...