or Connect

Posts by Seth's Mommy

So I thought I had a decent routine going now that I'm back at work.  I pumped 3 times a day and got from 8 to 10 ounces unless I was tired or had nursed right before work.  DD got some formula during the day and then nursed mostly at night and on weekends.   Now she won't nurse in the evenings and even on the weekends sometimes.  She's only 3 1/2 months.  The only times she will nurse consistently are in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning.  Which...
So they've been following my amniotic fluid level for the past few weeks and now it's at 6.4, which they say is too low.  I'm scheduled to go in for an induction Tuesday night into Wednesday.  At least I made it to 38 weeks this time.  :(   I'm going to try to get with an acupuncturist Monday and Tuesday to see if they can help get things started naturally.    I've had a plethora of "high risk" issues with this pregnancy (I'm 46, prediabetic, bipolar-but-stable,...
No real issues to whine about here, just so, so tired.  Fighting fatigue every day.  If my nutrition flags even for a few hours I feel it, or if I let up on my water consumption.  And all I can think about is how much more tiring the post-partum period is, and how will I possibly manage then if I'm barely making it now.    Well, that's not ALL I think about.  I also worry about labor and going into that with such a low energy tank.    Better get some rest so i...
I dropped today too.  I had been feeling pressure on my pubic bone intermittently for maybe a week but now it's constant.  Very uncomfortable - the bumpy train ride home was a serious bummer.  Feel like one of those kids who wears the crotch of their pants halfway down their legs - can't really put one foot in front of the other the waddle is so pronounced.    Everything I read tells me you can go a whole month this way or more.  :(
Have you done the fasting glucose blood test?  They seldom find anything in the urine.  If you're nervous, talk to the OB and maybe they have a monitor they can let you use?  I'd be surprised if you haven't had the blood tests by now, though.    Just did my 2-hr post-breakfast test and I'm down under 95.  Hopefully tomorrow morning will be better - don't know what I was thinking drinking juice at 3 am.    Thanks for the comment - I'd really recommend at least...
I had gestational diabetes with DS, and then developed prediabetes afterwards.   I have been taking metforming for a few years for the prediabetes, and so when I got pregnant this time I assumed I'd end up with gestational diabetes again.  And, sure enough, I flunked the fasting glucose test at 28 weeks.  But then I passed the 3-hour!   So I thought I was being spared.    Not so much.   I never thought to call my endocrinologist because I saw him before I...
Oh my great goodness.  I'm now an addict.  I keep finding these great deals on Craigslist!   Latest acquisition:   17 FuzzyBunz pockets 10 covers (various sorts) 4 MotherEase fitteds, practically new 2 Bumkins waterproof overnight diapers 12 prefolds 14 inserts 1 swim diaper   Total cost?  $85.    I swear the very LAST thing I'm going to buy are two wet bags and 3 wool covers tonight....for $12 total!    I really MUST STOP NOW!!!!!
So now I've gone from doubtful cloth diapering wannabe to total fanatic, and the baby isn't even here yet.   In addition to the awesome finds I've already described, I made yet another amazing Craigslist connection and have acquired:   5 more extra-small thirsties covers 5 newborn fitteds (omg so cute) for "Daddy diapering" 6 small handmade fitteds 3 small and 1 large imse vimse WOOL covers (never used) 2 pail liners 1 wet bag 1 small wet bag   In...
Well things have taken an unexpected turn.  My OB concurs with the radiology doctor that I need weekly sonograms in addition to prenatal visits starting at 34 weeks (almost 33 now).    I have had to take a step back and ask myself what I want to do, and I am now aware of an possible alternative.   I worked with a midwife practice for my son's birth and they were wonderful.  We relocated since then and I didn't know of any in this area.  I am not considering home...
Many hugs back, Cali2SC!  You and your lo are now on my prayer list, and thank you so much for responding.    I should have known not to go googling around about something like this that can be a bit controversial.  I'm glad to hear that the consensus seems to be on the side of safety.   I should also have mentioned that my two top reasons for not wanting to do all the sonograms they asked me to do had nothing to do with uncertain health consequences initially,...