or Connect

Posts by homemademomma

I just need to say that this is an impossibility. It is much more likely that the doc called CPS because of concerns about the septic hip- maybe the ped thought that the parents neglected to bring her in for treatment in a timely manner? Or felt that the mother didn't understand the seriousness of what was going on and the child was at risk of not getting needed follow up?  I don't know.  I'm not saying that CPS can't be a trainwreck, because it can. But it is an...
No, I definitely understand and have experienced first hand the risks related to misdiagnoses or raised alarms.  However, when there are clear indications that there might be a problem, the risk/benefit ratio comes down squarely on the side of seeking more information. It just does; plain math.    What would you do if your healthy, 35 yo husband started having chest pains? Would you wait it out, knowing that most chest pain is non-cardiac in origin? Or would you seek...
Mamajama, parents need to talk to other parents about their kids. That's normal. Parents connect with each other via message boards. I don't think the threat of a**hole pedophiles should even come into the conversation. If we are talking pictures, that's a different story. I don't think the OP was out of line at all. Some things are best not shared online, and as kids get older we need to be increasingly respectful of their autonomy, but this is a COMMON concern for moms...
I think ultrasounds are WAY overused. We should save them for when variations from normal behoove us to seek more information, so we can make an informed choice about our care.     Yes, obviously the chances are in the OP's favor that there is nothing out of the ordinary, and the birth will go fine. However- she has signs that indicate there might be a complication or variation!  The risk of a single ultrasound is negligible. That's a fact. MUCH MUCH MUCH less than the...
  Huh. I think you should re-read what you posted and think critically about your conclusions. You also might want to look into the actual relative risks of polyhydramnios and twin births. Again, I am pro-UC. Part of being pro-UC is being responsible for your health and your babies health- making the hard decisions like seeking medical advice when indicated.  Eschewing medical help at all costs is kind of throwing the baby out with the bathwater, and IMO goes against the...
I'm definitely scratching my head at the vaccine thing. I agree that it is probably normal, and that he is definitely old enough to understand that it is a private activity.    How come he can't play in his room alone? 
I am a UC/UP supporter. That does not mean that I can't be concerned about a particular situation. Polyhydramnios substantially increases your risk of cord prolapse and malpresentation. It is also sometimes associated with congenital problems in the baby.  If you are carrying twins, you need to know if they are di/di, mo/di or mo/mo. This is extremely important. I am sure you have looked into all of this already, but I would be remiss if I didn't bring it up for anyone...
  I didn't see anything in her posts that was advocating for vaccination. She shared her personal story and related how it hurt her to have people judge her for "switching sides" on the vaccine issue. Nowhere did she advocate for others to vaccinate their child, unless you already removed/cleaned up some of her posts.
Wow, I couldn't read this and not respond. Hugs for your whole family, especially your stepson. I can't make sense of this whole dependency thing- what possible reason could they have for taking your kids? They must have at least tried to make an excuse, right?  :hugs:
ILU.