or Connect

Posts by homemademomma

The only thing that is a drag about using a scope during labor is that you can't be in the water, you have to be t least semi-recumbent, and everyone has to be very silent and you have to be VERY still while you or the MW (or whoever) is listening. Otherwise it is difficult to hear the nuances that are important to pick up to determine your baby's well being- variability, etc. I used scopes during my pregnancy and a doppler during labor, because it was SO much less...
I quoted your post because I think it is important that people realize that sometimes it really is not a good option to leave a baby with their father. If i were the OP, I would NOT want to leave my baby with his dad because it is obvious he does not care for him at all. Hopefully he isn't as much of an SOB as your exh, Emilie2, but he still wouldn't be someone I would want my kid around.   
Wow. So does your dh not like his kid? Does he ignore him when he is home? In this situation, I wouldn't want my dh to watch my child either.  But you can't be content with that. It is important for you to realize that this is an extremely unhealthy dynamic, one that will only get worse as your child gets older. If my husband did not like my child or acted like being a parent was such a huge chore, there is no way I would continue to live with him.    Is going back to...
My son was a lot like that when he was a baby, and it was very, very challenging when I became pregnant with dd- he was about 16 months old. In hindsight, I wish I had laid down more consistent guidelines and boundaries. I was so afraid of damaging our attachment that I basically carried and nursed him on demand until dd was born, and then it was a HUGE shock for him to have to "share" me and dh with his sister.    So, having BTDT, my advice would be to try and...
Hmm. I have city water and it is chlorinated. I have lived with both well and city water multiple times, and I have never, ever noticed a chlorine smell or taste. I know there are different chlorine compounds and some smell more strongly than others, but if my water smelled that strongly I would get a home water test or something to make sure the chlorine level isn't too high. Just to be safe.   Just to be clear, though- chlorine is really a fairly safe preservative,...
  How old is your child? It is pretty easy to get along without a SSN/BC when they are little, but once they grow up a bit it becomes a real barrier. I think it is pretty uinfair to make your kid go through the incredible hassle of obtaining a SSN in order to do something as fundamental as getting a driver's license. 
I have nothing useful to add. I just know how frustrating it is when you are trying to figure out what is going on with your kid. BTDT times two.
What about going to a CVS or something and double checking on their machine?
One of the moms in my ataxia telangiectasia support group told us that her doctor recommended that they apply for hospice care!!!! Now, I know that pediatric hospice care is different because you can continue life preserving treatments, but I was still floored (as was this mom). I guess I just always thought hospice was a short term thing. This mom's daughter is 10, and there is no reason to think she won't live a good while longer. I hate to be crude, but statistically...