or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Hi all --   My sister has severe PMDD. She sees a psychiatrist and has seen a gyn for the condition. The doctors tend to refer her back to the other one.    We're looking for a doctor -- psych or gyno or otherwise -- who will actually help and treat her symptoms. She's on a bunch of prescriptions mostly for her mental health conditions. But the PMDD isn't helped.   Anyone know of someone in Austin that could help her. She's in NW Austin, but if there's...
Just watched Paraguay vs Japan. First match to go to a shoot out. I won't spoil it if you want to watch it later, but I will say it's a heartbreaker to see the fans of the losing team crying. And when the players and coach join in I just can't stand it! Esp with such a close match!!
I'm not as into it as DH, but I have it on in the morning and early afternoon while I got about my business around the house. The sound of the vuvuzelas is becoming a welcome hum these day, actually. I did see the Ronaldo goal. He's a bit of a showboater, and DH who follows EPL football says he has a nickname involving the word d-bag. Can't remember what is now. Amazing D-bag or something?? Yes, I'm cheering for the US and that call by the ref was horrible. Still no...
Quote: Originally Posted by annettemarie My six-year-old is barfing and I had to cancel our gingerbread house making party tomorrow. It's as if 2009 heard us. I hate barfing! So sorry about that as well as your canceled plans. What a bummer. 2009 has been very sucky, esp the the last part. In fact, for several of my friends 2009 has been pretty awful. One friend just lost her mom last month and had to have her dog put down today! My 2009...
Quote: Originally Posted by dancindoula I must say I agree. Honestly, I hope very much that next year they stick to just the summer season. The 2 a year thing is too rushed and having to compete with the holidays, baseball and all the other stuff is just too much. Besides it just doesn't feel as ... I don't know ... special, maybe? I love this show and don't want to see it become the overdone thing that AI now is. Sad to say I have only watched it in...
My mother has recently started doing this. It's totally out of character for her. I haven't known how to respond. What a helpful and informative thread!
My DD1 was still asking me to wipe her when she was that age. The Kandoo and Huggie's flushable wipes came in very handy for getting her to wipe herself. She's 7.5 and wipes herself now, though she doesn't do the greatest job and I notice a lot of dirty underpants on laundry day. Her sister, age 4, has been wiping herself almost as long as she's been out of diapers!! What a difference!
Hugs, mama. I have a 4.5 yr old, too. She's difficult. Her older sister was difficult in a different way. I don't remember 4.5 being so hard with her, though. So, I can only compare my DD1's difficult moments to DD2's. I'm not sure it's so much age as personality. DD2 blows up a lot. She speaks in a very disrespectful tone of voice most of the time. Screams when she doesn't get her way. Doesn't want to do anything I ask her to do and argues all. the....
Quote: Originally Posted by annalivia (And clearly he's a genius for having recognized a pattern of contractions and coming up with that one on his own. Awfully cute, too, if I do say so myself.) My DD1 said "amn't" for the longest time. I think up until last year (1st grade for her). I also thought she was a language genius for observing contraction patterns and coming up with that one herself. I did not realize it was actually a correct...
I wore flannel pants and a tshirt (pajamas-ish) to a friend's house a few weeks ago late in the evening. I was going to her house for some tea and a good cry after a very, very horrible day. Pajamas seemed fitting. I wear workout-type clothes around the house most of the day. I take my DD1 to school in these clothes. Some of the other moms are all dressed and makeup-ed and everything. Not me. I head straight to work out and do some housekeeping after drop-off. No point in...