or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Thanks for all the suggestions. The necklace idea is good. I need to steal that one and make it work for us. I think yesterday was a perfect storm of problems. We do have a snack shelf, but I didn't want them eating from it because I wanted them hungry for lunch because if they at a snack, they wouldn't want lunch, and we were heading out for awhile afterwards and I didn't want to have to pack a bunch of snacks in anticipation of them being hungry again. At 7 and 4 I...
Yeah! Unfortunately, this is an problem as old as the in-house phone! My mom says at least I'm not strapped to the wall like she was. True. True. I go in another room. I go in the backyard. I go in the bathroom. Luckily, I can take my laptop with me if I'm working. Still, she follows me wherever I go. She'll stand outside the door and wail if I lock myself in the bathroom. So, that doesn't work either. She can write. I'll try suggesting that to her. The oldest has...
I have a 7 and a 4 yr old. They play great together most of the time, and they entertain themselves really well, too. There's just one problem... I work from home. I get up super early (before they're up) to work most of the time. However, occasionally I need to be on the phone. Maybe 1x or 2x week for 30 mins at a time. I don't feel like that's excessive. The money I make working is paying for her school. She's goes to a private school where she attends class 2 days/wk...
Nope. Not me. Never.
cafe world. PM me if you want to add me as a friend so we can expand our cafes!!
No way. 2 hours each day? I let my kitchen pile into a total mess throughout the day because I hate the feeling of cleaning it all. the. time. Breakfast, lunch, snacks just pile up the mess. At 4pm I clean up the kitchen, fix dinner. After dinner DH cleans up the kitchen. Our girls put their toys away. Then we have baths. 1x week I vacuum with my big vacuum cleaner. Otherwise I use the quick vacuum sweeper. It's not as good, but it does the trick. 5 mins. 1x every 2...
Glad everyone was ok. And I want to second the PP who said you have such pretty leaves on the ground. We just don't get leaves like that in the fall here.
laohaire -- I realize this is an old thread, but your description of your mother sounds exactly like mine. Even down to the part about always having had a good relationship with her until recently. The only exception is that my mother's angry outbursts have started lasting days. Sometimes a full week. We thought it was bipolar disorder, but her psychiatrist says it's PTSD. Complex PTSD, actually. Maybe there's some DID in there. The personalities don't have to be specific...
My oldest was in Kinder, so she was 5. Her name has 7 letters total and uses 6 different letters. Also, she wrote two of the letters backwards until late 1st grade. My youngest is writing her name already. She's 4.5. I say 'already' since DD1 was so old! Her name has 5 letters total, and 5 different letters. DD1 had friends writing their names much younger. But they had simple, 4 letter names with repeat letters like Adam or Sara.
Jane -- No advice. Just want to say I am going through something similar and misery loves company. I had to call the mental health deputies and EMTs to come take my mom to the psych hospital last week. Her mental health has been steadily declining for the past decade. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. Hugs and hope to you.