or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

It can be so hard as a mama to let go of that afternoon nap! It was hard to give up the morning naps for me, too. This is how I saw it -- when my DDs gave up the afternoon naps, bedtime was soooo much easier. In fact, with both of them we got to a point where I decided it was better to have a cranky baby who went to bed early and easily than to fight twice a day about nap/bedtime. My solution to the need for a nap (which you describe your DD still has) was to plan an...
She's north -- Christine Eady off 620 close to Round Rock Hospital. She a DO. Very natural. Breastfeeding posters all over her office (as opposed to formula posters and samples.) Vaxing is never forced. They always ask me, "Are we doing vaxes today?" If I balk at it, say no, or say I want to discuss it with Dr Eady before I make a decision they're totally ok with that. I'm on the fence about vaxing, and I want her to just tell me what to do, but she won't. She's a...
I answered: DVD while baby naps & take baby in stroller. My kids aren't babies anymore, though. I do a 30-60 min DVD while they play or entertain themselves in the morning most days this summer. It's just too hot to exercise outdoors unless I get up an an ungodly hour. I prefer, and did this consistently when they were babies, walking/jogging with them in a jogging stroller. I always had a single stroller and worked my routine around my DH's work schedule when I had...
If you're shooting for efficiency in a workout, I'd recommend Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. It combines cardio and strength in a 20 min workout. You can do it every day if you can stand the monotony. She has several other DVDs out, too. I get them free on demand with our cable subscription and mix up what I do each day so I don't get bored. After six weeks I've lost approx 6 lbs. However, i didn't start to see any results until the 4-5 week mark. I was so discouraged....
I've always had gas stoves. When DH and I got married our apartment had electric. I burned stuff all the time. I guess you get used to whatever you use a lot. I agree, though, it's harder to control the flame. I always look and turn it veeerrry slowly when I need to turn the flame down. Otherwise I end up turning it off!!
We have a long and severe seasonal allergy season in Central Texas. I quit hanging in Jan last year when cedar was high, and couldn't start again until after the oak trees quit pollinating in April. Having all that pollen all over our clothes and sheets would make us sneezy, itchy, snotty miserable people. I always put them in the dryer to finish/fluff them up a bit and take the stiffness out. Do you think a quick run in the dryer shakes the pollen off? Anyone with...
You're sure they're ok? My cat has bladder infection/stone issues. Our first clue she's sick is usually her peeing on furniture. We keep her in the bathroom overnight anymore. It got really old to have to treat our furniture all the time. And expensive. She has a nice den set up with a cushion and blanket set up inside one of the low cabinets. She always does it overnight or when we're away. So, we just keep her in the bathroom with her cushion and litterbox if we're...
Cool Whip is diary-free, isn't it? Maybe something else at the BBQ?
Worked for my first. Didn't work for my second. With DD1 it was so nice to be able to nurse her, put her down drowsy, and walk away to have the rest of the naptime or evening. She was an easy sleeper and spoiled me rotten! DD2 took forever to even get to sleep, then we couldn't put her down or we'd have to start all over again.
I would wait. Except maybe your DS. He's had a fever since Wed? Or he just feels icky? I came down with a brutal sore throat Tues, fever Wed-Fri, felt better yesterday. Even today I'm still tired despite the fever being gone as well as the sore throat. Oh, and I have horrible congestion that's hanging around. My ears feel like I'm under water. Everyone wanted me to go to the doctor. I told them if I still had a sore throat/fever on Sat I'd call just in case it was strep....