or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

drive in? for sure!
To a children's movie? Sure. To Harry Potter? No. I love going to the movies, and I rarely get out to see them since having children. I can't wait to see HP, and I'd resent it if a toddler disrupted it for me. Can you get a sitter? Or, if it's too expensive, can you maybe swap babysitting with another mama? You and the rest of the audience will enjoy the movie a lot more if you leave your little one at home.
Quote: Originally Posted by Whistler Have you looked into other solutions? For instance, does your group have a babysitter? When we do Small Group (basically a bible study) at our house, the church pays two babysitters for 11-14 children. It helps a TON. Yep. Get a sitter. Or the moms in the group can take turns supervising the kids. We're in a house church with lots of children. Once, when we were hosting at my house, there were 17 kids...
It definitely gets better. I suffered for at least 12 weeks with my first and the longer with my second. I even saw a lactation consultant with DD2 so I wouldn't have to suffer as long. I totally get you about not having your hands free. I'm large-breasted and long-waisted. When my DDs were newborn I used one hand to hold them and one to hold my breast off their noses. Once they got older, and their heads got larger I still needed one hand to hold them. Even with a boppy...
OP -- What did you decide to do?
Quote: Originally Posted by texmati no shoes here.... *although* I did have a special pair of white sneakers that I bought for doing exercise video's at home. I used them about 4 times. I just cleaned off the bottom of an old pair of sneakers for this purpose! I have been pretty diligent about doing my video every day but one...so far (it's been a 10 days). We're a no shoe house. I started after spending a lot of time in the home of some...
Quote: Originally Posted by greenegirl ETA: Forgot to mention -- my Costco rarely has any dried beans and when they do it is only black beans. They do usually have canned beans, but again only black beans. I think sometimes they have canned baked beans, but they don't have vegetarian baked beans so I have never bought any baked beans there. Check your Costco again because I think they added new beans! The last two times I've been to Costco I...
What part of TX are you in. My girls are bigger, but I can give you some ideas for what to do if you're in or around Austin.
Quote: Originally Posted by choochootrain Interestingly, I thought of him as controlling, because of him not letting me know what time he'd be home, for example. I agree with your thinking here. It's just considerate to let the people you live with know when you'll be home. DH is usually home from work by 5:45pm. If he leaves the office late he calls to let me know. That's just being considerate. Based only on what you describe in your post...
Quote: Originally Posted by TanyaLopez I haven't heard of this being diet related, but I've heard of CST and/or homeopathy helping. I've read of it being related to a tight anal sphincter, which sometimes goes along with things like tongue ties or reflux issues, like that, so structural issues, but somehow (and this part I don't really understand) some folks have seen help with homeopathy. For me, I'd try CST first. Interesting... my DD2 had a...