or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

We don't TF, so I can't speak to that part of your question. However, my DD2 pooped very infrequently. I know, some exclusively breastfed babies don't poop very often. But she was in pain, and like your baby, it hurt when she'd poop. Also, it affected her sleep. The longer she went w/o pooping, the worse her sleep got. I could barely function from being awake all night with her squirming and crying from discomfort, and then up all day caring for my older DD. As soon as...
My youngest DD turned 4 in March and does the same thing. I've been told she'll grow out of it.
My question isn't about the safety of their legs, but about the logistics of where their legs go. My girls would literally have knees in their faces if they were rear facing. I'm not exaggerating. I guess they could sit with their legs criss-crossed. My oldest just turned 7 and her feet hang about 6 inches from the floor of the car when in a high-back booster. (She's tall enough to ride most roller coasters. She afraid to ride them, but could because she's tall enough.)...
I have a purely logistical question about rear facing children beyond 1 year. When we turned both of our girls around their legs were already scrunching up to fit since they couldn't hang off the end of the seat. If your child is 2-4 yrs old, where do you put their feet/legs in a rear-facing situation? My girls are tall and I just can't imagine it. They'd have their knees in their face if they were rear facing. I'm genuinely curious. I've wondered about this ever since...
I don't have a teenage DS, but my MIL's rule while DH was growing up was that he and his brother weren't allowed to eat anything that wasn't already opened. This prevented them from eating food intended for cooking later in the week. Now, after 11 years of marriage, DH asks me before opening a package of anything in the house. His mother trained him well.
Maybe you can work towards night weaning? DD2 woke frequently at night from newborn until after she was 2. She had some food allergies as well as repeat ear infections. At 18 months we had ear tubes put in to help with the ear infections. Once she recovered from that, and I knew for certain she didn't have an ear infection (which she'd had pretty much constantly from 9-18mos), I asked DH to please take her and sleep with her in another room. For 2-3 nights she woke up...
My youngest DD (who is one day older than your DD, btw) won't sit much to be read to. She gets on a princess jag for awhile, then it passes. Then it's Skippy Jon Jones, then it's Miss Spider, etc. etc. I'm like you, though. I read classics to my oldest DD starting when she was 2. People didn't believe she'd sit through them. Really, I think she just loved being with me doing whatever I was doing. She's still like that. For example, she'll cook dinner with me, but won't...
I don't friend strangers on FB with a few exceptions of people who belong to a group or organization I also belong to. No one I know uses profanity or says anything terribly offensive in their status updates or on my wall. During the election I didn't agree with all my "friends," but I want to be able to express my opinions w/o being attacked, so I let them do the same. My pictures are private only to my "friends." My profile is also private and only viewable by...
I agree with the PPs who say to go ahead and treat with the antibiotics. My DD2 had persistent, recurrent ear infections. She was miserable and her hearing became impaired. As for the mullin and garlic, if the ear drum ruptures you don't want to be putting any drops in her ears. I tried the mullin and garlic to no avail. I needlessly kept my baby in pain for too long. I'm all for "wait and see," and so was our doctor. But, there comes a time when the infection has gone...
I have an uncle who died of scarlet fever when he was 14. My biological dad died of a heart aneurysm caused by rheumatic fever he had as a child. Both incidents happened before I was born. From what I understand, untreated strep throat can progress to scarlet fever and eventually to rheumatic fever. My mom freaks out at the very mention of strep throat. I would not give my kids a vaccine for scarlet fever.