or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Quote: Originally Posted by flminivanmama and Cain too, right? Yep. And the older brother in the parable of the prodigal son, from Luke 15: The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. But he answered his father, 'Look! All these years I've been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. This episode is...
I started hanging mine last year when the dryer was broken. I actually dislike the scratchy feel of the clothes, and esp underwear, sheets, and towels. My routine is to get them mostly dry on the line, then I pop them in the dryer to finish. It only takes a few minutes in the dryer that way, and they come out softer. Our weather allows to line dry all year. It's so hot already -- in the 90s! I haven't been line drying recently because of seasonal allergies. First...
We did the CD version for 1st grade this year. My 3-4 yr old has listened along with DD1. Usually I print out coloring pictures from the internet that are relevant to what she's listening to. We're in a University Model School. She goes Tues & Thurs to school, and I do home school work assigned by her teacher on Wed & Fri. SOTW has been our at-home history lesson for the whole year. We've all enjoyed it. Even the pre-schooler!
Like so many PPs have said, this is a safety issue. But, it's also a liability issue for the school. It's naive for them to not require at least two adults on a field trip, much less decline help.
I chose black tie 200+ wedding. Technically it was just formal as far as the wedding party was concerned, but dressy for our guests. Afternoon wedding, reception in church fellowship hall. We had a huge guest list because both my dad and my DH's dad pastor two different churches in the same city. Pretty much the entire congregation was invited from each church so as not to hurt anyone's feelings. It was standing room only. Everyone said they had a great time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Snugglebunnymama Huh. I wonder if location has something to do with it? Around here, 97% of "non-denominational" means contemporary, progressive, changing church 'lingo' (i.e. instead of 'location' you get 'campus', instead of 'sanctuary' you get 'auditorium', instead of 'worship service' you get 'worship experience'...) I think once or twice have I seen a non denom that was uber conservative. Yeah. Same here. My...
Baby Vol -- where do you live? While denominations are good to look at for a general understanding of what a specific church might be like, I find a lot of variety among congregations. I have some ideas of the type of church you might be looking for, but I can't recommend a specific denomination because these "emerging" (as they've been called) churches exist in many denominations. Some are more orthodox in their social beliefs and theology than others, while some are more...
My oldest DD and I just finished reading the Usborne Shakespeare for Children. Romeo and Juliet is in there. On a side note, Macbeth totally freaked her out!
SUN: Amazing Race MON: Heroes, 24 TUE: (I've been watching the new 90210 DVRd on a night when there's nothing else on and i want to veg out.) WED: Lost THUR: Grey's Anatomy FRI: nothing SAT: nothing I also watch on Travel Channel No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain. Also on Comedy Central The Colbert Report every night. On Food Network we watch Ace of Cakes and I watch a HGTV often, too.
Yes, we do, but we didn't used to. My oldest DD never gets sick, and I didn't worry too much about how germ-free her hands were. My youngest DD got sick a ton until she was about 2 yrs old. We sanitize when we get in the car after shopping trips, library, kiddie places, the YMCA, pick-up from school/dance, etc. People cough/sneeze into their hands, and don't wash up after going to the bathroom. Then they touch the shopping carts and door handles. I used to trust our...