or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Quote: Originally Posted by Dar Do you think maybe he found the ball in the field and assumed it belonged to your family, since your yard was nearby, and just threw it to your daughter to be nice? Dar Yeah. This was my thought too. Quote: Originally Posted by Amylcd This is a very rough sketch of how it happened - http://i41.tinypic.com/insnk6.jpg (the dots indicate his path) Which way down the road did he go? If...
spmamma -- sorry you were told you might need a c-section. Unless there are other factors, I just can't see how you'd "need" a c-section. If you've read the whole thread (it's loooooong!) you've already seen there are many, many stories of women who had 4th degree tears and later had a vaginal birth. I'd get a second opinion. Maybe you can find another provider in your area who is a bit more open minded. I had a 4th degree tear with my first and went on to have a second...
What school systems do you recommend? We live in the Round Rock district. It's one of the best in the state. Our daughter, however, attends a University Model School in Cedar Park. 2. DD is currently non vaxed. Are there any Peds out there that would be understanding of that? We see Christine Eady at Cornerwood Family Medicine. She's a DO and very non-vax friendly. She won't push anything on you and will provide any exemption forms you need. 3. Where are the good...
giddiegoof -- I'm so sorry to hear about your fistula, but congratulations on the new baby! If I were you I'd seek multiple medical opinions. Seems an unrepaired fistula isn't something you'd want to risk making worse. If you gather a few opinions from doctors and/or midwives you may find a common thread you can follow for this birth. I hope you are able to be at peace with whatever the outcome is.
We took our almost-three-yr-old last January. She had a great time. She's not really one to enjoy crowds and lots of noise and stimulation. We'd take our time getting up and eating breakfast every morning. Then we'd hit the parks until sometime around 2 or so. Head back to the hotel for a rest before dinner. We'd go back into the parks for dinner and rides or parades. Usually one of us would take her back to the hotel room around 7 or 8 while the other one stayed in the...
I always get hot during the night. As long as the temps don't dip too low (for Austin that would be below freezing) I sleep with the window cracked to keep some chilly air circulating around! If it's warmer than 55 for a nighttime low I turn on a fan. Getting out of bed in the morning, though, we set our thermostat to kick the heat on about 15 minutes before my alarm goes off. That way it's toasty outside the covers when I have to get up. Otherwise it's too easy to stay...
My meat cutting board goes in the dishwasher after use. Alton Brown says you can use straight white vinegar to disinfect a meat cutting board. We use the dishwasher detergent we get at Costco. I can't remember which one it is. We've tried the green ones, and they don't get the dishes clean. DH used to run the dishwasher daily no matter if there was still space in it. I've told him if there's room even just for the breakfast dishes he should leave it for the next day....
I'm in the same boat. We didn't do the 3 & 6 yr checkups for my now 3 & 6 yr olds. End of March should be the 4 yr checkup for DD2. Plus, she should be getting boosters of her vaxes. She had a nasty reaction to MMR, so I'm really not sure what we're going to do. Our doc is ok with no vaxing, but it's just a topic I want to avoid altogether. One reason we don't do well child visits is because we were sick a lot when DD2 was little. She had tons of ear infections. We...
Wugmama is right. He does advocate spanking. It's at the very end, and, IMO, it was unnecessary to even mention it. I was disappointed, too. I wish he'd just left it out altogether. That said, it does address parent's hearts toward their children, and how to parent out of grace rather than being punitive. As far as Christian parenting resources go, and without getting too off track into a theological discussion, I feel it's on the right path. The spanking part almost...
I couldn't go after my first baby. No epidural. I'd had hours of back labor, and a 4th degree tear. They cathed me. It was very painful because the nurse who was trying to get the cath in was inexperienced and couldn't do it. My midwife had gone to tend another mom in labor, my DH was with the baby, and I was left alone with a brand-new L&D nurse. Not an experience I want to relive. 2nd baby was a different story. But I was worried about it happening again. Needless to...