or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Since his stomach is still so upset I'd say stick to bananas, rice, apple sauce, and crackers (like saltines) and dry toast. If you're worried about fluids let him sip water. I don't think a little gatorade and/or pedialyte would hurt. The bananas and rice will help stop the diarrhea. Also, I agree with the PPs who said to give him a probiotic. Maybe some yogurt if the bananas, etc. stay down. Sorry you're having to go through this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Viola Do they have the facebook app on their blackberry or iPhone or other handheld device? It could be a time suck, but it doesn't have to be. I really have to work at it by playing word twist or scramble or something. Otherwise I don't find much to do there, other than read a friend's update or comment on a status, which doesn't take much time. I agree. I pop in for a few seconds throughout the day. My laptop...
I don't know. But I have a German Shepherd we adopted about a month ago and I'd like to also stop her from pulling.
Quote: Originally Posted by 1growingsprout Im not sure on that one.... i probably would have finished cooking it yesterday then warmed it up tonight... hummmmm It looked done last night. It was brown on both sides and had been cooking at least 6 min on each side. Ugh. I really hate cooking chicken. I should just give it up all together. Fingers crossed we don't get sick! :
Please tell me I didn't just give my family food poisoning. Quick replay of the story. I was making arroz con pollo (mexican chicken w/ rice). Yesterday I started to make our dinner. I was browning four chicken thighs (bone in). I went to chop my shallot and found it moldy. There was no onion or substitute around. I took my chicken out of the pan (it had been cooking probably 12 minutes-ish) and refrigerated it immediately. Tonight I have a fresh onion and begin to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Alyantavid Ok the tuna was icky! I'm not much of a fish person to begin with and I'm not a fan of the tuna. My meal didn't pan out either. We were supposed to have arroz con pollo. I was going to sub a shallot for the onion in the recipe. I thawed the chicken, had it browning in the pan, went to chop my shallot and it was MOLDY!! I just bought it last week. Sheesh! I had a can of Rotel which has chilis, tomatoes, and...
Tonight is arroz con pollo. Chicken from the freezer, shallot instead of onion, the rest of the ingredients from the pantry. Probably I will serve it with salad and chips. I even have some guacamole in the freezer to serve with it! Yea!!! I think we'll also have spaghetti this week. Breakfast for dinner one night. Fish sticks another night. And I have two casseroles in the freezer I can thaw for dinner one night. So far this week is looking good! We have bought a few...
My DH loves backpacking/hiking. I've gone with him twice. I live in Austin which is significantly more hilly than Dallas, but here's what I've done to get ready for backpacking in CO with him: 1) Walk the hills in our neighborhood. Since you don't have hills, I'd do the treadmill at an incline or elliptical machine at an incline or maybe the stairs at a stadium or something. 2) Use poles like a PP said. I'm clumsy. Poles really help me. We are backpacking into the...
vm9799 - so sorry to hear about the father who was shot. That's tragic. Sounds like you're doing your best to keep up with the pantry challenge in the midst of upheaval!! As for me, I've cooked every day this week, and my main goal is to NOT eat out. That's meant having to pick up some groceries here and there because I don't have tons of anything in my pantry except for diced tomatoes and mac-n-cheese!! Costco had a coupon for their take and back pizzas. That's our...
Quote: Originally Posted by llp34 We had to say goodbye to our oldest dog last year right after Thanksgiving. DS1 was so close to her. It has been difficult for him. Sam was my special Forever Dog, and this book has been really comforting. llp34 -- your story made me bawl!! My forever dog was put to sleep almost 7 years ago, but reading your story made me feel so sad all over again. Our family just adopted a German Shepherd named Sam from...