or Connect

Posts by aprildawn

Thanks, LongIsland. I think the doctor thinks it's not the MMR because it's "uncommon" or "rare" to have a reaction. That's why I mentioned DD2's tendency to be the kid the "rare" thing happens to! I'll bring this up again with our doctor. I feel like I wanted it reported. Our previous doctor did report the DTaP lump on her leg. I also do think we'll skip future MMR boosters. I really need to do my research about all this. I'm also trying to do research about...
Hi. I'm new to the vax board. DD1 was vaxed on schedule. I had a foot, no it was more like a toe, in the non or delayed-vax camp, but there was just too much research to sift through : so we went ahead with the shots. So far as I can tell, she did fine. DD2 comes along and is another story. She's the exception to the rule a lot of the time. She got a large red bump on her leg from DTaP at 2 mos. It didn't go away for 6 weeks. Our FP who is delayed or non-vax...
Hey. Thanks for the well wishes for Lydia. skg - I had thought maybe it was roseola too. except that the rash began prior to the onset of the fever. the rash was on her feet and legs first, and it was a flat looking like tiny red freckles. Our doctor (new doc, btw. our old doc who i loved so much and was the one who delivered Lydia moved back to Oregon where there are "more birthing options for moms.") so, the new doctor said that she seemed a lot better to her...
subbing. we're headed to the doctor. lydia has had a fever since last thurs. she has a weird rash which began on her legs and feet and has spread to her trunk and arms now. weird. we saw the dr on monday, had some tests run, we're going back for a follow-up. : i'll post more later when i can. congrats steph!! i haven't had a chance to read the story or look at photos yet. but way to go! 10+ lbs!!
The meatball soup sounds great. I'm gonna try that one! I bet you could even use those frozen pre-made meatballs to make it even easier! The ginger in the chicken soup sounds so good too. That would be great when you're sick. Ginger and chicken broth. Comfort food.
The recipe isn't exact. A woman I know gave it to me conversationally one day. So I don't have exact measurements to give you. She did tell me most things are in multiples of three. 3 chicken breasts 3 cans chicken stock or broth 3 cans Rotel tomatoes 1 onion diced chili powder cumin salt pepper 9 corn tortillas limes cut into wedges cilantro cheese tortilla chips avacado The best way to cook this soup is all day long. I've never tried it in the crock...
soup is my favorite food. recently i've started buying the 6 pack of Pacific brand organic chicken stock cartons from costco. i buy veggie or chicken frozen dumplings at the asian market near my house, heat up some of the broth, add the dumplings and i have dumpling soup! i have a killer chicken tortilla soup recipe i can post later if anyone wants it. it's been awhile since i've made it since it's been summer. but as soon as it ever gets reasonably chilly here i'll...
Quote: Originally Posted by CherryBomb I read a book called Lost Women of the Bible that spoke similarly of the term ezer. Excellent book all around! subbing. interesting topic i'm wrestling with lately. i just read this book too. it's by Carolyn Custis James who also authored When Life and Beliefs Collide.
My DD1 started playing with an old plastic nativity set the christmas when she was 2. That year I got her a small dollhouse. It's not the kind you can get inside or that's as tall as she is. I ordered it online but don't remember where. It's wooden, 2 story, came with 4 wooden dolls + some furniture. She's in a dollhouse phase right now (but she's 4.5). Until more recently she played with it off and on. I'm glad we have it. ETA: DH got his old star wars figures out and...
P-chan - I totally understand what you mean about being too emotionally invested in the pooping. Last week when she finally pooped after five days of not pooping I literally was able to begin and complete several other tasks that I'd put on hold, including cooking dinner. There was no good reason for me to not be cooking. But I couldn't focus enough to even think of what to make. Her not pooping wasn't stopping me from cooking, but somehow it was. I realized I was...