or Connect

Posts by jenniet

I found homemade chicken noodle soup to be so nourishing after my little one was born. I plan on freezing a lot more of it this time around. I also had a bunch of homemade cookies which were great to pull out and offer to guests who were stopping by to see the new baby. Some yummy breakfast foods you can freeze are bagels, jam, and muffins.
I took a Bradley Class with my first and I am considering buying the Hypnobabies home study for this baby. I thought the Bradley Class was very good at describing all of the interventions and why you don't want them but what was really lacking for me were tools to deal with the pain of labor. I guess it also depends on your teacher because our Bradley teacher didn't play up husband as the ultimate coach so I thought it was a nice balance. If I had to do it over again...
Quote: Originally Posted by kltroy I think the best thing is to have a supportive birth partner. This could be your husband, mom, sister, a close friend, a doula... I had my mom at my birth (she's an old-school CNM) and she was AMAZING labor support. Honestly, I think she could talk ANY woman through a natural labor. When contractions got really intense she was there for me with every single one. Rubbing my back, talking to me, did some guided imagery...
Quote: Originally Posted by Robinna Hmmm... I fear this isn't going to be helpful, but, well, meditation IS hypnosis. And hypnosis is meditation. They're the same thing.... Do you mean a "hypnosis for chilbirth class" when you say hypnosis? Meditation is great for labour, especially if you practice complete physical relaxation (ie be in a position where you don't ahve to hold your own body vertical) so that you can surrender to the contractions...
I am trying to find something other than hypnobirthing or hypnobabies that can help me relax through the pain of labor. During my last birth, I felt like the pain won out around 6-7 cm and I could no longer be in pain for another second. I really felt like it was hell on earth. I had pitocin though so I know that probably made it worse. This time I have done a ton of reading and have great midwife lined up at a very small-town hospital. So there will be no pitocin and...
I also have a 21 month old son and we still for the most part read board books. He has some nice picture books that were given to him as gifts but he won't sit through them and he still is a bit rough with the pages. My favorite book to read him before bed is "Hush Little Baby" by Sylvia Long. She rewrote the lyrics to make them less materialistic and it's just such a sweet song/book.
subbing
Quote: Originally Posted by cece Awesome! Good luck! Also, I really enjoy reading to my husband. We can stop and talk about what's happening in the story, etc. Right now we are reading 3 cups of tea, of course it takes waaaay longer than reading solo, but it's so fun and feels really special. Other times, I'll pick out a Mothering article to share, it's great because I feel like we really grow together this way. Good idea! I just...
Congratulations! You are a birthing Goddess!
: I have a 21 month old son and have been worried about the plastic in our life as well. From an environmental standpoint I know even the safe plastic is made from petroleum so that is still an issue. We had been using Born Free sippy cups but my son has just started drinking out of his Sigg bottle and loves it. (Although it already has a dent from him dropping it.) I guess my main issue is what type of container to use for snacks in the diaper bag. At the moment we...