or Connect

Posts by jenniet

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. I am looking forward to dinner tonight! :
I absolutely love homemade chicken soup but I really don't know how to make it myself. I bought a whole chicken, covered it with water and it is now boiling on the stove. My plan was to cook it for an hour like this, take out the chicken, peel off some of the meat and put the chicken meat back in the soup. Add onion, carrots, celery and herbs and let it simmer until the carrots are soft. Does this sound right? Thanks from a mama trying to learn how to cook.
My cousin is really trying for a natural birth but her water broke 24 hours ago and she hasn't been able to naturally induce labor. Is the only option pitocin? She is 40 weeks along with her first. She is actually at the hospital right now so she might have already been given pitocin, I guess I am more curious about what to do if I find myself in this position. I had pitocin with my first birth and I never want it again.
My ds will be just over two when my new little one arrives in about eight weeks. How do you bond with a new baby and take care of a two year old? We just moved closer to family so we will have help but I don't know what type of help to ask for. After our first ds was born it was so quiet and peaceful for days afterward. I can't picture a babymoon with my very active toddler. Any ideas?
We just bought a new refrigerator and it uses a Pur filter for ice and water through the door. My only concern was the water/ice sitting in a plastic bin awaiting usage but I couldn't find anything out about it so this is what we are using. Hopefully it's not leaching BPA.
I thought I was the only crazy one. I absolutely love the Camden Rose Kitchen too but finally just came to terms with the fact that we can't afford it so I just ordered this one: http://www.oompa.com/baby-toys/item/...REE%20SHIPPING Other toys I would love to be able to buy include nice wooden instruments (like bongo drums), a beautiful wooden art easel (we might just buy the melissa and doug one but I love the all natural wood easels, they are over 100 dollars...
I would go for it! Actually, I am going to be doing the same thing. I will be about 36 weeks and going to my brother and sister-in-law's house for Thanksgiving, although it's only a five hour drive. I went into labor with my first a few days after I hit 40 weeks so I am not too worried about it this time around. The main thing that stinks is sitting that long in a car and and as you said, bathroom breaks.
I thought I was the only one until i came across this thread! I am sitting on the couch with my shirt pulled up and my maternity pants rolled down. I feel like my belly needs to be free.
We just moved from southern California to a place where we will be getting real winters. I have to admit though, I want to stay warm and look good doing it. I mostly need a pair of boots to take ds to pre-school and back in the mornings without freezing. Are Uggs still hip? Is there another boot I should be looking at instead?
Quote: Originally Posted by Double Buckeye I absolutely had to have a Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag. I found it on sale and got it before I was even pregnant. I totally want a really big Ju-Ju-Be diaper bag. I can never find them on sale. Please share where you found it! I have to admit, I am not much of a shopper but my weakness is baby items. I could spend thousands of dollars on cute baby stuff... I would love to buy an organic crib mattress...