or Connect

Posts by HelloKitty

Quote: Originally Posted by amydidit I voted "yes, I was single he/she was married/in serious relationship". BUT I don't consider that *I* had an affair. *I* wasn't cheating on anyone. HE was. I *assisted* with him cheating, but I wasn't having an affair since I was only seeing him. Ditto that. I guess technically I was married too but we were seperated and there was no chance of reconciliation.
I use to cook two meals but now I can't stomach the thought of cooking any meat so I only cook vegan meals. If DH wants some meat he cooks it himself and can use my vegan meal as a side dish.
I think you need to talk to him, it's something he should know otherwise he might think that face you are makiing when you kiss him is because he's a bad kisser Seriously, it might be a phase but it might not and it's worth a conversation. Do you think anything might help like making sure he brushes his teeth or gargles or something before kissing? I can't kiss DH right after he's mowed down a burger or a steak or something either. But we've been married for 7...
Yeah I find pasta dishes work really well for non-vegans too. For company I like to make vodka penne from Vegamonicon, bean balls, eggplant rollitini (contains tofu but you could just do breaded eggplant rolled with spinach and pinenuts and it would still be quite yummy) a nice salad and garlic bread. Make sure to make a yummy vegan desert too - everyone is always shocked at how delicious vegan deserts can be.
Funny you asked this because I was just thinking last night that I wanted to get some powdered soy milk for business trips. I know I've seend it before but not sure where. So in other words I have nothing helpful to add...
Hi all, sorry I haven't been around much this week it's been a bit crazy. I had this awful situation with my UU church and decided to leave it (along with the many volunteer positions I had there). It's been emotionally exhausting and upsetting. The good news though is that leaves me more time to focus on my small local Pagan group. We met Friday night to plan a big Samhain event which I'm super excited about. We will also be having a smaller Mabon ritual tommorrow...
It is really, really hard at first I know. My DH was not happy about me going vegan and his family was bruttle about it for a long time. My family also whined a bit about it but in comparison with my ILs they weren't that bad. Even a lot of my friends gave me grief and even when though many of them tried to be nice and just joking about "making special concessions" for me, it hurt my feelings. It's been a couple of years and I can finally say it's gotten so much easier...
Quote: Originally Posted by andielk72 I am vegan, my husband is not. ... Like you, in our house I do most of the cooking, however I refuse to handle meat. I dont mind if its in the house (though I strongly encourage Humane Certified). So in general, my husband starts out with a vegan "base meal" and if he feels so inclined he can add to it. e.g.: I make bean burrito's, he adds cheese and sour cream to his; I make a tofu stir-fry and he adds shrimp...
I, for one, think this is fantastic. Next time I do something really stupid I'll just blame it on my tiny vegan brain.
I got a lot done today too! And my house is also trashed I made myself a couple motivating notes and hung them in my office last night and they really helped a lot - they are straight out of "The 4-Hour Workweek" book. Anyways, one is "Are you inventing things to avoid the important?" This is hanging right on my screen and helped to keep me focused on my to do list for the day and off of message boards and checking e-mail every five minutes. That was huge. The...