or Connect

Posts by HelloKitty

That's really obnoxious. I would complain to the director there because you shouldn't have to defend your personal food choices to anyone. I'm sorry I don't have any links saved but I know there is a lot of information out there - just do a quick Google search and I bet you will find a bunch.
OK I got a lot done in terms of organizing e-mail yesterday, I finally upgraded to the new Yahoo mail version which I had been putting off because I didn't want to learn new things I was able to take all the old mail that I had been holding on to for those times when I might need them and put them in an archive folder. A lot of what is in there is junk so I will go through a little a day and clear out that but at least it's out of my in-box so I don't have to stare at...
I'm just started another work at home job as of yesterday. So today I've been focusing on coming up with my action plan, putting together a list of initial prospects, getting the word out to my contacts that I've taken on this additional position, etc. I'll have to continue with that tomorrow. I also really need to get my e-mail better organized - I have three different positions right now for three different companies and yet my e-mail is all going into the same main...
I had looked into that at one point, and here in MA the rules are pretty reasonable for cooking at home - you need to have a clean, well ventilated space that is animal free (if you have any pets there needs to be a way to keep them out of the kitchen at all times). They do an inspection to make sure everything is cool. The laws might vary where you are but should be easy to find online. I would recommend you come up with a business plan including a well thought out...
I'm feeling like breakfast for super I just haven't decided what exactly... the biscuits and gravy sound good... or maybe scrambled tofu and tempeh bacon... or maybe some pancakes. Hmmmm. I wish I had a personal vegan chef, I'd request all three!
I don't worry about soy intake, but I do try to stay away from heavily processed foods. Try vanilla almond milk, that stuff totally rawks and my kids adore it. Hemp milk is great, super healthy, my kids don't seem to like it though (it's get a hempy taste - if hempy is a word ). But try it and your kids might like it! Both almond and hemp milk have a "heaftier" and more milky feel to them than rice milk IMO.
Scrambled tofu - yummmmmm. I especially love scrambled tofu in a burrito with some tempeh fakin bacon. I have a great recipe for hemp nut pancakes if you're interested. Or if you already have a favorite vegan pancake recipe throw some hemp nuts in there. My typical breakfast is a rainbow light rice protein shake made with vanilla almond milk and I throw a tablespoon of flax seed oil in there. Yummy.
Welcome!! Keep reading about veganism, pick up a copy of Veg News, check out some vegan sites, see if there is a vegetarian or vegan meet up of club near where you live. Regarding food specifically - I am a recovering cheese addict turned vegan myself, so I understand. What I found was that after only a couple of weeks I no longer craved cheese (I really believe it is addictive and you need to get past the withdrawel period). The best advice I can give you is...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jade's Mom Hey, I signed up for MySpace today and found my cousins page...turns out she's Wiccan, and has been her whole life. Maybe my family's not as conservative as I always thought That's so cool!
Quote: Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali For everyone: Do you believe in Karma (instant or other)? What about the 3 fold law? Do you see that as being the same as Karma? I do believe in Karma, in the sense that if you put out positive energy, that you will attract positive energy back to you. I don't see it in a punitive way, like do good deeds or don't be "bad" (because these things are so individual), I see it in an energy sense in...