or Connect

Posts by wendy1163

I loved Sharon Astyk's "Independence days", so I looked up her blog as well.  I haven't been reading it long, but so far not mch religious influence.  her family is jewish, and it does creep in there some, but the resources are really good I've found, especially food preservation.   http://sharonastyk.com/
 hi all!  so fun to see everyone and all these grown up babies.   cora turns on March 21.   Height and weight if you know it? she has a check up this week, but I am guessing right around twenty pounds. What's babe eating/drinking? still nursing 5-6 times a day, but all about solid food.  loves fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, beans and rice.  in fact there isn't too much she hasn't liked that she's tried. Sleeping? oh goodness, depends on the day.  it was such an...
wow, haven't scoped out these pages in months and months, but it was so lovely to see your familiar names! I've been wondering about all these fellow march babies, and it was good to see updates from so many of you. cora hit seven months on oct 21. no teeth yet, but so close to crawling. definitely on a night nursing kick (she's in the bed with me most of the time) lately. some solids, but it seems to be hit or miss. so different to be parenting my second kid. I...
we're moving from asheville to brevard. not a huge move, I know, but still looking for some mamas to connect with. are you out there? wendy
I have no advice, but I wanted you to know I am reading along and cheering for you mine are a little younger than yours (ds is 2 and dd is 3mo), but I am planning my attack now for when they are a little bigger. can you have together time with dh during the day on the weekends? get a sitter or something for a daytime date? and I really think getting him on board with your latest plan will be your biggest help. good luck and good vibes! wendy
Quote: Originally Posted by Nazsmum Investing time in your child is so imporant. Just think that your little one is your full time job. I love watching my little guys grow and learn. We are always going and that makes the day go by so quickly. this has been the outlook that works best for me. I was not at all excited about being a sahm, but now, because I have taken it on as my "job," I take a lot of pride in what I do and find new ways to...
Quote: Originally Posted by mama kk Could it also be that he is trying to hold/comfort the baby during the evening hours when babies are often more fussy? I am sorry it is like this for you... it must feel stressful to see the two people you love most not connecting the way you feel like they should. Sometimes my DH takes the baby and he starts fussing, and I feel like he doesn't try hard enough to sooth him. He doesn't talk to him or hold him how I...
Baby's Age:Cora is eight and a half weeks Baby's Sleep: doing great. four hour stretches at night, starting to be awake much more during the day. Mommy's Sleep: awesome. really. once we figured out sidelying nursing, we were golden. not that I am expecting it to last or anything New things baby is doing: miles of smiles, especially when ds is around her. just starting to grip things. Work, Family, Life: dh and I just took a job at a group home so we will be...
fabulous! so glad there was a light in your dark day. healing vibes to your family.
hey laura I keep seeing your posts here and on the asheville mamas board, and just have to say how impressed I am with your readiness to put yourself out there to make your community be what you want it to be. how exciting to move to a new place adn charge right in to get to know people and make the same thing happen for your daughter! go you! I'd love to be a part of your playgroup, but my critters are a good bit younger than yours (not quite two and brand...