or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

No you purchase a ticket for $12.
Hello.  I am excited to bring a preview of the movie Unacceptable Levels to Dallas next month.  We need 75 participants before the showing will be confirmed.  Please click on the link and watch the trailer.  You can register now but your card will not be charged unless the attendance requirement has been met by the deadline.  Please feel free to ask any questions here or message me.  Have a great day and thanks for checking this out!   ~~Movie presentation of...
I was 14.  Based on some of these replies it reassures me that I am doing the right things by talking to my young daughter about it (she is 5 and has all kinds of question every month when she sees the panty liners etc).
We haven't lost a tooth yet but we've already discussed that the tooth fairy is like Santa (and God and the Easter Bunny) some people believe and some don't. When she is talking to a friend and getting caught up in the excitement I can tell she wants to believe. But at heart she's a realist (and scaredy cat) and if on December 25th she thought a stranger would come in after we are asleep that would just mean no sleep for anyone!
My first thought was "welcome to FOUR YEAR OLDS"!!! I have a very well behaved, soon to be five year old and the last 8 months or so have been very challenging most days. Just before she turned four she got strep, ended up with mono and it really made for a long school year. I know the five days is a lot and tiring but it is a big part of the Montessori foundation for consistency. I work a lot with my daughter on manners (eye contact, responding when someone speaks to...
I'm not feeling very crunchy after reading this, but I swear in my little world I'm Ms Crunch! Alas, I must confess to shaving my arms. All the way from my hands to my shoulders. Explanation: I have always had very freckly arms covered by glowing, long, blonde hairs. It always bothered me but it never occurred to me to shave my arms! Around 10 years ago (so 30 ish) I met a friend and she shaved her arms because it was so dark. I finally tried it, loved it and have never...
Is anyone currently homeschooling an elementary aged child?  I have questions if anyone would be willing to share what their "school day" and environment are like.  TIA
I think a frind has mine right now but I'd be happy to send it to you.  email me at shanny_2032@earthlink.net
We have been somewhat Montessori from the start and have or did many of the things that nyssaneala mentioned. To save money or if you aren't near an IKEA Target has a shelving system similar to the expedit.  Small tables for them to do work, crafts, play at are important.  I got a nice, large (like PB Kids) one at an estate sale for $25 including 2 chairs!  That is set up in our family room for her arts and crafts, writing, cutting etc.  I have a large expedit like shelf...
I just wanted to update everyone who took the time to respond to my original post.  My doctor agreed to rerun her allergy tests but ran the ige instead of the igg so it was pretty much useless.  Since taking the egg back out of her diet she has stopped having the vomiting/dry heaving and there has been no sign of spots on her body.  I have reintroduced a small amount of egg and she seems to do OK with that, just no scrambled eggs for breakfast every weekend...