or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

I think ladycatherines way might work better for you but if it doesn't I have 2 pieces of advice. 1 - 2 nights (as awful as they were) is not enough time to undo a habit she has had for 21 months. So if and when you do try again - by whatever method - remember that it will take time and it will get easier. Having said all of that my second piece of advice is that I think you are right to stop. We nightweaned last month - right around 21 months - and unlike our failed...
I have actually wondered that about the nipple shield too. I don't know if I have thrush back (had it almost non stop from 9-16 months). I don't think it looks like it but other than her teeth - which dig in more than I ever thought humanly possible - I don't know what else could be causing such pain. The left is much worse and I have considered dropping that side all together or even reintroducing the nipple shield (we used it for the first 5 months). She is 22 months...
If you go to the for small hands website (or others) and see what they sell for children in that age you can see what you already have at home that you can use to get started instead of spending a ton of money. A small pitcher, tray and cup for pouring practice is a great place to start and you probably have something you can use for that. Also, paying attention to how some "traditional" toys (things you didn't know were montessori when you bought them like nesting...
Use paper towels before an actual towel because they will absorb more. We just moved out of a place that I cannot possibly count how many times she went on the carpet but they were cleaned and are fine now, you'd never know if you walked in there.
I have to agree with lifeguard, he is testing boudaries just like they do in other areas of life! The first cluck, I would say "you can have both milkies one time so if you switch then we are finished" are however you think he'll get it. He won't be happy at first but stick to your guns and he'll get it.
I have one of those hard to diagnose PCOS cases that PP mentioned and when I asked my doctor about met she said "that is serious stuff, we'll try this first" she put me on a steroid called dexamethosone. It is CHEAP and has very little side effects. I was on it for less than a month when I got pregnant. I did lots of other things like herbs, accupuncture, vitamins etc but what was different the month I conceived was the dex. I had been on clomid for several months and...
I am a SMBC, disclosure is not an issue obviously for me. She is not yet 2 and we already have open conversations about her having a "donor but not a Daddy". I cannot imagine not telling but I am also not married to her father, which is what your husband is - their father, not just some random guy. What I mean is that - I try not to judge. I think you should be honest but that is my opnion and it is your family. I know many donor siblings from our donor and 2 are...
I successfully night weaned my 22 month old, then 21 last month as well. It was easier than I thought and she is sleeping SO much better. you give me hope that in about 6 months I don't have to lay there until she falls asleep too!
I sold my platform bed because that was SO dangerous and put the mattress on the floor from about 4 months to 19 months. When we moved at 19 months I bought a new bed that is pretty high off the ground and she gets up and down using a stool and loves it. I am so glad that I did it for that time period and was even a little sad not to have it anymore but now that I have a big girl bed back I am happy with that too. It was right for the time and SO not worth the worry to me!
I know that some people feel that if you nightwean that isn't true CLW. But what is more important to me than doing something "by the book" is doing what is right for my child. I nightweaned my daugther last month at just 21 months, something I never thought I would do. But I KNEW we were in a vicious cycle of having to nurse to get back to sleep and that if she didn't nurse at night she would sleep better. For the most part that has been true and seeing her sttn for...