or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

I think part time EC is never a bad thing and based on 2 different care givers will be even less confusing for the baby than one person doing it part time. Kids, and even infants are very aware that things are different with different care givers. The familt I work for used disposables with their first (I am hoping to change that with #2) and I ALWAYS changed her as soon as she was wet. She was potty trained right around 2 and I like to think that being changed promptly...
I agree with PP.
I don't have any personal experience with this yet but I would say that if it has only been 3 days that you could nurse him before bed when he asks and see how that goes. you may want to say something like "OK we can have milk now but not when we are sleeping, remember?" That way he'll know this isn't going back to "on demand" including over nights.
My 21 month old daughter and I have enjoyed a beautiful and relatively easy nursing relationship with the exception of a thrush battle (just me, not her) on and off from about 9-15 months. The problem is that because nursing hurt so much during that time I didn't notice that she was digging in with her teeth and now she essentially can't ever latch on without doing that. I night weaned last month and that helped some obviously and it also (surprisingly to me) cut down on...
We were in a similar nursing pattern for night and naps. I honestly wouldn't wait because I would find it hard to relax and enjoy myself the 3 nights I was gone worrying about what was going on not just for the baby but your MIL. I am a single mother and nightweaned my daughter 21 months - about a month ago. It was not picnic for a few nights but not nearly as bad as I thought or as bad as previous attempts. I think she was just ready. The key is to not give in once...
My 21 month old is completely potty trained except that she can't get on a big toilet by herself. She is also obsessed with hand washing but obviously cannot do so comfortably because she is too little. She either needs me to hold her up or she needs to practically lay across the front of the sink, both of which hurt her belly. I have found numerous very expensive, very large options that even if I was willing to spend the money on won't really work in our spaces. She...
I recently started saving up toy catalogs that come in the mail and putting them in the car. It has been working well to entertain them but if they fight over them or accidentally rip them I don't have to worry. You can sign up for them if you don't get good ones already. the Lakeshore learning catalog has been the biggest hit. I don't know how I got on some of these lists of places I have never ordered from but now I feel better about recycling them after we have...
I am in Dallas so I am not really sure about things to do in FW but I do know the Zoo is great so I would definiteyly get a family membership. There is a Fort Worth Child Magazine that is free and given out at lots of locations families frequent. As for child care I have used sitter city and been happy. You can do a background check on there or do one seperately, I only use people that I have done one on. If either of your kids will go to MDO or preschool you can...
I don't know the details of the plan as I have never read it and we did cold turkey. For us it worked SO much better than I thought it would. It was literally like the first time I said "no more milk at night" and stuck to it a light bulb went off for her and she fought the whole thing VERY little. I don't know if it would have been any different had we tried earlier (she is 21 months) or if it was easier because she is very verbal and really can be talked to about...
She sounds very 2 to me! And just think what fun it would be if you were JUST now starting....every day would be this giant battle to introduce something new and she'd be fighting you every step of the way. You have laid a great foundation and she WILL come back to it. Some things I do with my 21 month old when she is tesing the limits... - she is all about being "fast" these days - So if I say we need to go before we leave the house and she says "no" I tell her...