or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

Do you have potties or bowls close by or in every room to get their asap?
Quote: Originally Posted by Aimelet I vote 12-18 months, but we did not start ECing till 12 months, and then diaper free at 16.5 months That was us exactly too
Reading these posts has made me want to cry. Limiting my diet so severely (and not nearly as much as you have) was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I just want to say that I really get it and think you are doing an amazing job at weighing all of your options and gathering as much information as you can. I am not expert but has anyone mentioned F.P.I.E.S. to you? My daughter was conceived via anonymous donor sperm and she has a donor sibling that has been...
We recently nightweaned at 21 months and I guess it never occured to me that nursing her BACK to sleep all night helped me to fall back to sleep too. Now she will stir for a moment and I am fully awake for ages. Last night I actually considered waking her and latching her on! sigh...who knew? ETA - and who else is going to cheer and shout when I take off my top
My first thrush experience I dismissed initially because my breasts looked normal. Finally after the pain didn't subside I LIFTED my giant, saggy bfing breasts and saw the tell tale signs on the underneath. Just might want to take a peek, but I hope you are preggers that would be great news!
I completely agree with D_McG! We nightweaned last week (turning 21 months tomorrow) and the difference in just a week has been amazing. I would not let my 21 month old continue the acrobatics at this point (because she digs her teeth in enough as it is while latched on) but other than the duration your post sounded exactly like where we were a week ago. When I decided I was done I knew it would be harder on me than her but I had no idea how much it would help so...
My daughter is only 21 months and potty trained so I'm not speaking from motherhood experience, but as someone who has had bladder issues my entire life I am very sensitive to these issues. With your daughter it really does not sound like this is a behavioral issue (to me and I am not a professional) and I think that using the underpants with pad (so she "feels" wet presumably) and making her clean up sounds like a punishment of sorts to me (not to mention torture for the...
We nightweaned a week ago and each night I think it has gotten a little better. Last night her "wake up and tell Mommy how mean she is" period was only from about 5:30-6:15 - better than any other nights. I am now seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and after 21 months of this I am so ready for it!
I am about to turn 38 and my career just kind of evolved over the last 20 + years but I could not have planned it better. I work as a Nanny and Household Manager for a family that has one child (soon to be 2) and I take my 21 month old dd to work with me. I make more money than just about all of my friends - be they teachers, interior designers, occupational therapists etc. BUT, I have been building this career for 20 years before my daughter came into the picture and I...
I realized that I was really doing my daughter a disservice by letting her stay up so late. You may have more flexibilty in your mornings than I do so that may help but I have to go to work and my daughter has to come with me so sleeping late is never an option. I just made the commitment to do it. I allot for the fact that I know it takes her a long time to fall asleep so we start around 7:30 so she is asleep by 8:30 at the latest. I think any habit can be changed you...