or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

I have a 2006 Volvo V50 with 3 across.  The 4.5 year old is behind me FF, 3.5 year old is RF behind the passenger seat and baby is RF in the middle.  We now have 3 radians but for the first year I had the older 2 in radians and the baby in a graco infant seat (the 30 pounder I think???).  Anyway, a couple of things to consider besides just the question of "can I fit 3 across?".  For me baby in the middle makes the most sense because of all of the touching and fighting...
Right now I have 4 year old rear facing in a Radian behind the driver, 10 month old center in Graco infant seat and 3 year old RF Radian behind passenger seat (making it essentially useless which isn't really an issue).  I have ordered a My Ride for the baby since she is outgrowing the Graco.  If it doesnt work (drivers seat is my only concern because even though I am really little I can't possibly sit any closer to the steering wheel than I currently do) or maybe even...
I work as a Nanny and Household Manager for a family with 4 year old and 10 month old little girls.  I take my 3 year old daughter to work with me and have every day since I returned to work when she was 6 weeks old.  She essentially has the best of both worlds, "siblings" 50 hours a week and Mama all to herself the rest of the time.  What is really fantastic, besides never having to have used childcare and always having her with me - is that I make really good money,...
I nursed my daughter just shy of 3 years, for many months at the end it was only on the right side for a few minutes at nap and bedtime.  I wondered for quite a while if she was even still getting milk or not.  She hadn't nursed on the left side in a very, very long time but asked once (it was painful on that side that is shy we stopped) and I let her.  I noticed a very thick, creamy, white milk - whereas on the side she nursed all the time I wasn't seeing any evidence...
CI MAMA - Wow, you actually reminded me that we too weaned in 2011 after 35 1/2 months!  And what you said -  "It was a mutual process, done in a loving and empowering way. I am glad that I was able to breastfeed her for so long, and I'm also glad that it's done!" so true!
Well I am proud of all of you...and inspired too!   In 2011, I purchased my first home - as a SMBC - and I feel so proud to be able to provide for my daughter and myself! I also - single handedly - talked our way in to the Montessori school of my dreams for my daughter and am sure she is going to do fabulous!  The 50% scholarship has made it all the more enjoyable so that I didn't have to worry about the tuition!   My goal for 2012 is to GET A LIFE!  As a...
My honest first reaction when I read the title of your post was "my that is quite old" :).  Not in a judemental way mind you - more of a "good for them but that isn't really for me" kind of way.  But as I kept reading I realized that I came on here tonight seeking words of comfort, advice or inspiration about my soon to be 3 year old.  I have started to consider weaning - not because she is about to be 3 - just because I am starting to feel "done".  Your posted reminded...
Well our "break" lasted 8 days, haha.  On Friday he asked if we could see each other so I rushed around to get a sitter (side note: which he paid for...has anyone ever done that?  I felt weird but he offered and I really can't afford sitters very often and they are expensive in my area!).  So he took me out to dinner for my birthday and we had a wonderful time.  So, one day at a time and I think as long as we go REALLY slow right now it'll work itself out.  It is so...
My daughter will be 3 on 12/1.  While I have always wanted the final decision on weaning to be hers it has been clear to me for a long time (after 18 months) that in order for this relationship to continue and us both to be happy in it that I would need to implement rules in between infancy and weaning.  I night weaned her at 21 months, cut out the morning nursing (which kept getting pushed back and turned into night nursing again) around 2.5.  We stopped NIP around 2...
After 3-4 weeks of seeing eachother, the old beau and I are taking a break for him to work through his divorce and all that comes with that.  It has been good actually that we were both mature enough (unlike when we dated 7-10 years ago) to come to this conclusion and have had some good talks about it.  I don't know what will happen or when but I feel really good about how we left things and when he is ready we can take it slow and see if we have a future together.  I...