or Connect

Posts by Shanny2032

Thank you so much for the suggestion - we will definitely try it. There is a tech here that has installed all of our seats in the past so I am sure she'd be helpful when it comes time. Do you think there is any infant seat that would fit in between the Radians? I have never used a convertible for a newborn and just like how they are so snuggled into the infant seat. I also worry about having to have one of the girls wait outside the car while I get the baby in and...
I can? I can??? Oh that would make me so happy. The older girls are in Britax's Roundabout and Roundabout 55. The infant seat they have is an orbit. I am definitely willing to spend several hundred dollars on new seats if it could save me the thousands of buy a new car. I was going to buy the radians (is that the narrow one everyone always mentions?) and try it with their orbit and my graco but I just hated to go through all the trouble thinking it would never work. ...
I am a Nanny and take my soon to be 2 year old daughter to work with me. She is obviously still rear facing and will be until I am guessing the end of time since she is sooo tiny. My bosses have a soon to be 3 year old who is still rear facing but may need to be turned around based on weight before their new baby comes in March. I drive a Volvo V50 wagon right now that I am going to have to upgrade before the new baby comes (unless anyone can tell me how you could...
You can usually find the info on the maufacturers websites.
Our pedi told us this when the girl I nanny for was over one year. By the time my daughter was at the same point she told me "new research shows...etc etc". I told her I know and that both girls are still rear facing. I think this sounds like a great opportunity to educate your doctors office, don't let it pass you by or you'll beat yourself up.
I have never ec'd a newborn so this is as much a question as a suggestion. If you used something like the potette when out couldn't you just have it in your diaper bag - grab that and the baby and head to the restroom? That way you don't need to listen to anyone's 20 questions or criticism about ec but you can take the baby to the bathroom and do what you both need. I know when my 12 month old was potty training I got rolled eyes galore so I can just imagine when ec-ing...
That's fantastic. It's good to hear a positive teacher story too, she sounds wonderful!
I agree that age plays a big part in how. DD was about 21 months (6 weeks ago-ish). She rarely falls asleep nursing so that was not an issue. She nurses and I lay with her until she falls asleep. We had tried before to either do partial or full nightweaning and it was always worse than the constant nursing. This time I was a little more determined to stick it out, mostly because I really thought she was ready. After her bed time nursing (usually around 8 pm), I do not...
Have you tried nursing her before sleep, but putting her in her crib awake? My guess is that when she wakes an hour or two after going to sleep (as we all do many times throughout the night) everything is different than when she fell asleep (you and the boob are gone) so she cries out for you. If she is able lay down and fall asleep on her own then when she wakes she looks around, everything is OK and the same as when she fell asleep and she can drift back off. You...
I just came on to do a search for this topic as I think this is what is happening to my 22 month old. She has been night weaned for about 6-8 weeks and has just started wearinf feety pajamas (has slepy naked her whole life until now) and last night the first night terror heppened as she was peeing in the bed, so I found what Lady Lilya posted to be very interesting. Do you remember where you read this information, I'd be very interested in reading more. Thank you.