or Connect

Posts by nannybutterfly

Thanks girls,  DS is fine, running a low grade fever, but I know that's normal for the vaxs he was given.  He has been crying and whinning and needing to be held more than usual, but that's probably just cause he's not feeling great.  No reddness or swelling at the injection site, so that's good.  I did end up calling the state health dept and reporting the incident, someone is supposed to call me back by Monday.  Mostly, I just want to make sure they change the way they...
I'm so upset right now, I've been crying all afternoon I took my boys to get their vaccinations this morning at the county health dept. Our pedi doesn't give vaccinations in his office, so we have to go there. My kids are on the Dr. Sears delayed/selective vaccination schedule, they were both going to get the DTap vacc. the 2nd dose for the baby, and 4th dose for my 2 yo. The nurse asked me several times, you just want the DTap right? I confirmed, yes only the DTaP ands...
Posting from my phone here so bear with me what a rollercoster!!! So made it to the baby shower and contractions were 6 minutes apart. I just kept thinking I hope my water doesn't break!!! I put on a brave face and made it through even though I was in a ton of pain. 2 hours later I didn't feel safe driving home in that much pain so ds and I went to wal mart to wait for dh to finish up with work. I then realized I couldnt walk or talk through my contractions and they were...
So I'm 39 weeks today and starting to have painful contractions that could be regular but I'm too busy this morning to time them...lol My ob striped my membranes yesterday and I was 4 cm and 80%, baby was at -1 but not engaged yet, which is good because I think he is still face up, may have flipped last night though, it's hard to tell...Anyways, anyone else sitting at 4 cm and waiting for something to happen???  I'm having tons of blood tinged mucus, gross!  Not sure if...
We had a "false alarm" last night, had very painful contractions 2-3 minutes apart for 4 hours, decided it was time to head to the hospital since it's 2.5 hours away, only VBAC friendly one I could find, and by the time we got there my contractions were gone... My DH was not happy about having to drive all the way back and then go to work with no sleep, I felt so bad. Good news is I am 3cm, 70%, and baby is dropped down to -1, so we are getting there, just not yet.  Come...
I haven't had my membranes stripped before, I did have my water broken with my son, but I had tons of pitocin along with it, so that's different.  I did just want to say, I understand! Last night I was having seriously painful contractions 2-3 minutes apart, for 4 hours, finally decided maybe it was time to make the 2.5 hour drive to the VBAC friendly hospital, and by the time we got there the contractions had stopped... My poor husband drove us all the way home and went...
Congrats!!! I'll be stalking this thread for sure!
I was 1.5cm and 70% effaced last Monday, 36 weeks, baby was at -2 station.  I was dialated early with my son too, so I don't think it means I will go at time soon.  My dr. said he figured I would still be pregnant in a week...Having lots of good practice contractions though!
I feel like this baby keep going up and down, sometimes he feels really low and sometimes he feels really high.  Still having bad heartburn and my lungs are squished too so I don't think he's dropped too far.  Although on Monday when I was checked, dr. said he felt baby's head and he was at -2 so I guess we'll see...
You absolutely have the right to refuse! I just refused a late ultrasound last week, they wanted to check the baby's size because my son was 10 lbs, and I just think at this point ultrasounds are really off, 2 days before my son was born they said he was 9 lbs, came out 2 days later at 10 lbs 5 oz... so yeah I don't trust ultrasounds at this point for weight checks.  Just go with your gut and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.  At this point your provider cannot...