or Connect

Posts by mary3mama

Sorry -- didn't get notice of a reply..... Coconut and almond flours.
You might look for cookbooks that primarily focus on using almond and/or coconut flours. I'm looking forward to the Wheat Belly Cookbook, scheduled to publish late next month. By the author of Wheat Belly. He includes several recipes at the end of WB. And is clear throughout of his opinion that the various replacement starches and flours from potato and rice, etc are not healthy. Not trying to promote WB or the cookbook -- just offering a resource that might be useful....
Actually I get severe knee pain/inflammation from eating wheat. I've been reading the book Wheat Belly and just read about this connection between gluten ingestion and joint issues (and SO many other issues for those of us who are wheat and/or gluten intolerant.) I recommend the book highly.    Here's a link to the blog for the Wheat Belly book/author.   {I am in NO way connected to the book, author or publisher and receive no benefit or incentives to post about...
My current 5yo (she'll be 6 in December) has two older brothers to watch, learn from, tagalong with and emulate. Hence my experience with her -- and her experience of being 5 -- is quite different than what her brothers experienced.   For example, she watched her brothers (and papa) play Wii games. She tried a few, she played with papa more than anyone, she played with friends when they visited. Now she is the undisputed expert at a few of the Wii games, especially...
Me too. It is not easy on anybody in that situation. 
I am unfamiliar with the laws regulating homeschooling in Ohio. But I will suggest that the first place to start, IMHO, is with finding local homeschooling groups. They can be the most valuable resource, even if you do not participate IRL with them. Local groups are excellent at helping you to understand the way in which homeschooling regulations are really implemented and practiced.    Next, I would recommend that you think about how to Homeschool legally --...
ooooh, great post!    I need to subscribe so that I can read the answers! I am hoping to do this soon. 
  Did your son go away for Kindgergarten? Does he have friends who have gone off to school? Sometimes that impacts because they feel left out -- especially in the first weeks when the school kids report how awesome everything is...   First step, IMHO, is to find a local homeschooling group.  Local groups come in many varieties and styles -- some are more religiously-focused others more secular; some are academically-oriented, others more devoted to...
Yeah, we're a highly tech-oriented family too. I've been a technology geek forever.    We just gave the boys (now 13 & 9) used laptops for their birthdays this summer. For our family it has become essential. Each of our three children have their own interests and passions and we were finding it harder and harder to support and assist their research when there weren't enough computers to go around.   I found ebay a good resource for their laptop shopping. I bough...
  Awesome!    What an exciting journey. Enjoy!