or Connect

Posts by mary3mama

Oooooh, sounds perfect. Will be thinking about you and sending the vibes!    Spectacular!!!           Nothing much to report here....hubby has been on vacation all week after having been gone for 2 weeks. It has been great for all of us to be together again. Of course when he *goes* back to work on Monday that only means he'll be upstairs in his office as he telecommutes.  On vacation does mean that he has time to go on adventures with us -- which he has. And that he...
Excellent. 1pm - Friday -- gotcha. Sending good vibes all day today.    Woohoo! Another one! Good news there, too. I hope.  That would be hard in Florida! I work to keep our A/C off as much as possible -- but we're in Middle Indiana -- much easier than Florida.    Excellent!!    I'm Mary,  knitting-obsessed, homeschooling mama to three brilliant, wonderful children in Middle Indiana (Indianapolis area) -- glad to have you join in. 
  hugs, mama!   Getting the lbs off is much easier than finding ways to keep them off -- and still live our active, busy lives!   There's a book called Weight Loss Apocalypse that I highly recommend anyone read for more information, and update science, related to the hcg protocol. It is written by a nutritionist/exercise physiologist (IIRC) who runs an hcg weight loss clinic. She knows her stuff AND believes in the protocol. That's an unusual combo.   This...
  co-opt away!!  My *bone* grows stronger with each passing year.  And that's not to say I'm rude, cranky or lacking compassion -- just that with age and experience it has become easier and easier to leave other people's issues with them and go the way that I believe is right for me. 
I think that if there is an overarching lesson from unschooling it is that we as parents need to get out of the way. We cannot control learning. We cannot force another person to learn anything. We can facilitate. We should help in whatever ways we can. We can be our child's partner, supporting not just the way that they wish to go about learning/acquiring new skills -- but when they wish to do so.   Ironically in order to be a good partner to our child we have to...
Oh, NO!! He cannot catch a break. 
 I'm here    1st -- I'm in the midst of a round right now -- not quite 2 weeks in.   2nd -- I have NOT given up my bulletproof coffee. I hate, hate, hate, hate black coffee -- ugh, tastes like eating fireplace ashes. So I decided to try a round with just a teeny-tiny smidge of butter in my morning joe. So far? Great! Doesn't seem to be impacting me at all.    3rd -- I BELIEVE (meaning I am not trained, skilled, certified in any of this) that Hcg resistance is...
I will keep your house in my thoughts -- I so want it to sell for you!! How exciting!! I'm way done with baby-making but remember that excitement so well. My baby is 5 1/2 now. Sometimes I still have dreams that I'm still pregnant with her and LOVE those moments of feeling her move inside me.    Exactly! That's what I love Ooooh, Happy 1st Bday!  My marriage has always been strong -- but my hubby really struggles with stress and depression and...
I  June. Always have.   This month brings my birthday and wedding anniversary.    I look forward to those long days of sunlight before the deep heat/dry hit. (though this year, who knows...already been way too hot...)   What do you look forward to in June?
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1354735/jumping-in-to-june-pagan-family-thread   It's June!  So I started a June thread for us.