or Connect

Posts by orangatan

Hi, My family is currently having a difficult time finding affordable housing.  Dh and I have two kids (ages 3.5 and 1.5) and a little surprise baby on the way.  I know ages ago I saw a thread about co-op housing- I've tried searching it but come up with nothing.  We are currently exploring the possibility of a co-op and know that they aren't for everyone.  If anybody can recommend some, or some to stay away from I would be very grateful.  We would be looking at...
Never heard of Scotch broth before but it sounds devine! Yum! Thanks for the list Kl5- I had a look through it and the recipes were way out of my skill set. Or maybe they just sound that way- either way, I wish I had the time and money to make that kind of gourmet food! I mostly throw things into a pot and hope for the best
I just started making bone broth and while picking up a few items at the local store I noticed tney were selling lamb bones and on impluse I just bought them. Now I have this yummy bone broth simmering and I don't think it will be as "universal" as say chicken or beef stock. I find lamb has a bit of a different taste to it, stronger? What can I make with it? Thanks!
We have a queen size mattress and bought a wool mattress protector off ebay (new) for $99. It has protected or mattress from a lot of stuff, urine, birth, ect. I do wash it and dryer dry for a bit and then line dry. On DD has a wool puddle pad and that has worked well too. The difference between the two is that the puddle pad looks like a wool blanket topper that repels liquid and the protector surrounds our mattress and has a wool repelant layer on the top but also...
I too think teeth caries are hugely genetic. Dh brushes once a day, no flossing, never has a cavity. I brush and floss twice a day at least and I have issues all.the.time. So not fair. DD has had a check up and our dentist was impressed with how clean and healthy her teeth look. We brush her teeth once daily with non flouride toothpaste and an electric toothbrush. And she still nurses at night and eats dried fruit but no candy. We try to brush twice daily, once we...
re: Dr. Patton Looks like Dr. Patton has changed his ways because he was my (and my sister's) pediatric dentist 10-15 years ago and he was...strange. As a kid I really liked his neat office (trike merry go round thing, video games, cool fish tanks) and he seemed nice. Looking back on my child memories as an adult, I think there was more than meets he eye. Yes he has a cool office with neat toys and he was nice enough but that doesn't make some things I remember ok. ...
I have DD sitting on my hip in the sling and find no issues. Mind you she's not in there for hours, 30-40 min at the most. DH will still front carry her in the ergo...helps she's only 22-23 lbs ETA: I found my ring sling to be really hard to use though and had to try many different positions for it not to hurt. There is only one position I can carry my 4 month old in and it has to be just right or else it hurts after 10 min. I have such a love/hate relationship with...
Giraffee- I use my ring sling with my 2.5 yo often! When we go for longer walks or walks close to bed/nap time she loves to be in a hip carry. Not crazy at all!
Hey there, Im from BC and don't know a whole heck of a lot about law but wanted to tell you what I do know in case it helps. Here in BC most lawyers will do a free consult to see if the services they provide suit your needs and you can learn lots from an appointment like this. You can also call the lawyer referall service and for a small fee $20-30 you can meet with a lawyer and get some legal advice. The operator will ask a few questions about your situation and...
I had a hard adjustment after DD, more than baby blues but not full blown PPD. This time around I took, on the advice of my naturopath, a fish oil suplement of omega 3's, a multi vit B supplement and homeopathic drops made for depression- unda 2 passiflora, 10 drops 3-5x a day as well as bach rescue rememdy as needed for anxiety. I also made sure that post birth we did not have any visitors that I didn't want, no expectations, DH took a few weeks off, ect. This worked...