or Connect

Posts by corrieoseal

My DD actually went through a phase a phase like that when she was about your DD's age. I had her pick a few "friends" to come to nap with her and they'd throw a party up in her bed for an hour+ some days. After that, though, she'd usually settle in and go to sleep for over an hour. This went on for about a month. I don't know about your DD, but mine was usually in a very good mood the whole time so I only had to go in every 15-20 minutes to remind her it was time to...
Actually, Cotuit is fairly close. They don't pick up when I call, but I understand that hours are odd due to parent staffing. I'll try them tomorrow and leave a message if I have to. Thanks for the tip.
I live on the upper Cape and want to do some wet felting Easter projects. (I've never felted before, just found tutorials online.) I was wondering if anyone knew of area stores where I could buy wool roving, etc? (I know I can go online, but would prefer to skip the shipping costs and would like to be able to see the colors in person.) Also, after looking at some of the awesome things that can be made through felting, I'd love to find a class somewhere. I doubt there is...
I wish I'd encouraged my DH to take more pictures of me with DD rather than shying away from the camera because I felt fat/unattractive after the pregnancy. I wish we'd taken more family photos. Seems so silly that I only have a couple of pictures of DD and I in the hospital because I didn't feel photogenic enough. And in the months following when I was in the process of losing the baby weight, I'd bow out of pictures. I wish I'd been less vain and just jumped on in...
I'm almost 29 weeks and running out of time to make a decision on this. I wanted a VBAC, but no hospital in my area will perform one. The only option I have would be to switch ob's now and then commute to South Shore for my delivery (about an hour away without traffic.) I am a little afraid to switch doctors now and end up with a new set that I don't care for and have to switch back to my current ob last minute. I'm also hesitant to deliver an hour away when I could go...
I agree with the poster who said that spacing doesn't make or break a sibling relationship. My only sibling (my sister) and I are 9.5 years apart. As adults we are extremely close, Growing up she made an effort to cultivate a relationship with me (the younger sibling.) We have a very special relationship that transcends the age gap. I think sibling dynamics are unpredictable and it's best not to become overly concerned with a perfect order of spacing.
South Shore is the only one still allowing them. I've been sticking with a practice that delivers at Jordan hoping they'd reinstate them before my April due date, but now have been told that while Jordan is getting closer to allowing them again, it won't be before spring. Sigh! Now I'm stuck either scheduling a c-section or finding a new practice and delivering almost an hour from home at South Shore. I never thought it would be so challenging to try to have a VBAC in...
DD is 2.5 and also didn't care for her cloth doll. My parents bought her an American Girl Bitty Twin for Christmas and she LOVES this dolly. You can buy just one Bitty Twin if you go to an actual store, which is nice and more economical. (Online you have to buy the pair.) DD loves that she can brush her doll's hair which was a key factor in choosing the twin over the Bitty Baby. What I don't care for are the American Girl accessories which I believe are overpriced for...
I think a mix is ideal. Play food is a big favorite over here.   Ikea has felt food that is inexpensive and machine washable, which is fabulous. I LOVE some of our intricate felt pieces from Etsy sellers, but the Ikea stuff is a wonderful addition to any play food collection.   We also have some Plan Toy wooden food which is well-liked and you can "cut."   We even have a few plastic pieces that came with a Step2 coffee set and DD plays with those less, but still enjoys...
DD is 31 months and 27lbs. She continues to RF and I think she will until she maxes out her seat at 35lbs. One evening last summer we turned her FF for go to the drive-in because we thought she'd like to sit in her seat for some of the movie. Well, she complained the ENTIRE trip that she was uncomfortable. (And we turned her back RF for the trip home.) She likes to have her feet up against the back seat and she certainly doesn't miss anything out the window when we're...