or Connect

Posts by corrieoseal

I hear you ladies on the pronounciation conundrum. DD was almost Aine. In fact, we didn't name her for almost three days. We ended up going with a very simple, traditional name. Now if we are having another girl, Aine keeps coming up again, but part of me worries about the pronounciation and the other part of me thinks the names of the two sisters would be way too different. (I think sibling names should sort of complement one another in style or popularity or sentiment or...
rubyeta- Thank you very much for the suggestion. Do they deliver out of Jordan hospital? I am somewhat resigned to delivering there, but am looking into the possibility of a practice that works with South Shore since Jordan doesn't allow for VBACS. Right now I am at Pilgrim Shores and will either end up having a c-section at Jordan or trying to drive to Tufts in labor. And since I only like one of the docs at Pilgrim so far, I am considering a change.
We moved to the Cape last year and have had a wonderful experiences with Cape Cod Pediatrics. I agree that Dr. Heard and Hooshmand are fantastic. I've also been very pleased with both nurse practitioners. Now I just wish I could find an ob practice that I love as much. That's been a challenge out here.
I think DD was a 3.5 at that age, but maybe a 4. I remember it was hard to find snow boots for her last winter since most started in a size 5 or 6. Now, at 28 months, she is in a 5.5-6. She's always been fairly small all over. At her 2 year check-up though, she was finally in the 50% for height. (From about 6 months-2 years she was in the 30% for height and about 10% for weight.)
Glad you posted. I was going to start a similar topic as we are in the same situation. Naturepedic twin mattresses are $699. That's the best price I have found for a safer mattress. http://www.naturepedic.com/products/...ss_quilted.php We are still trying to decide if we can budget that much into a mattress. I wanted to get an Ikea bed to offset the mattress cost, but Ikea is sneaky in their sizing and you can't guarantee that a non-Ikea mattress will fit one of its...
Just want you to know that there is someone else right there with you. DD is almost 28 months. She went through a period of potty interest, but then it faded and now she is completely content in her diapers. (She also demands pants and will not tolerate naked time.) I too have been frustrated and said/done things I never ever thought I would do. (Offering m&m's if she'd poop or pee on the potty.) It's even more difficult because LOTS of the moms who had babies around the...
Gillian- They had the brown Giselle shoe at Piperlime.com today. (Type in a search for Pediped as I don't think it's listed under the brands they carry.) 25% off over there today only and free shipping and returns. I am seriously considering them. Trying hard to convince myself she can get by with one pair of size 6 shoes...
Anyone try these yet? Do you like them? DD (27 months) has worn Pediped Flex and See Kai Run. (She also has a pair of Converse for the playground.) Somewhere in my shoe-hoarding from sales where I bought ahead several sizes, I neglected to acquire any shoes in a size 6. I saw the new grip n go and they look lots more flexible than the Flex and thought we might give them a try. They are very new, however, so I don't have any reviews to go by. I was hoping someone here had...
We just have loose track, not even a table for DD's trains. We went ahead and purchased a PBK play mat that used to go with the activity table they sell. When she wants to build on carpet she used that and then we can fold it away. If you can find a nice set on Craigslist, that's great. We couldn't so we just bought the Ikea sets to gauge her interest. Now that we know she loves them we'll probably add to it with fancier stuff later.
I've bought all of my running shoes half a size bigger since DD's birth. Strangely, my other regular shoes still fit, but my running shoes needed to size a little larger. I think my feet went down in swelling a little after birth, but never back to their original size. I used to be between an 8-8.5, but now I am firmly in an 8.5 in athletic shoes. It's like my feet spread a little around the toes.