or Connect

Posts by corrieoseal

We bought DD a standard-sized Naturepedic pillow when she was around 18 months old. She absolutely loves her pillow.
We took DD to Disneyland when we were in California when she was 10 months old and she loved it. Then we took her to Disney World with my family when she was 18 months and she had even more fun. She doesn't know any of the Disney characters, but she still got a huge kick out of everything. We went during the Christmas season and she absolutely adored the lights and music. There were lots of appropriate rides and places for her to explore. Make sure you get the the Magic...
DD is 23 months old and wears a size 5 shoe (which I think corresponds to 6-12 months.) We bought the Old Navy water shoes in size 5 and they fit pretty well. In fact,we took them for a test walk on the beach today and they were awesome! DD wore them quite a bit in the ocean and seemed quite comfortable. I would advise you to resist the urge to size up to a 6 in this shoe since they run a little big. I originally bought the 6 thinking they'd provide a bit of room to grow...
Also, a lot of stores sell the pants that can be rolled and buttoned into shorts or capris, or with zippers around the knees. You could start him in those and then see if he wants to try rolling them, etc. Maybe take him to the store and let him pick a couple of tees that suit his interests. Otherwise, the advice on waiting it out seems excellent and he will certainly come around when he gets uncomfortable enough.
DD, 23 months, asks to do two things each morning when she wakes up: swing/slide & bike ride We go to the park every day that it doesn't rain, Ooten once in the morning and once in the evening after nap. We also take her out for rides on our bike (we have a bucket attached to the back with seatbelts and she rides in that) or for rides on her trike around the neighborhood (we still have the handle to push her.) Sometimes she wants me to go for a run and push her in the...
I wanted to add that you can get pretty good deals on water tables right now at most of the warehouse stores (Costco, BJ's, etc.) And, of course, Craigslist and second hand stores may have them for sale with the weather warming. My folks told me last night that they got DD a Step2 table from last season at Costco for $40 this weekend. DD is also super into bubbles! A nice set up with big wands that little hands can hold easily and a large tray to dip them in would make...
DD is 23 months. We have already bought her birthday gifts because I am a planner. - balance bike (from her grandparents) From DH and I: -Duplo sets -Alphabet blocks from Uncle Goose (she's ABC obsessed right now) -New magnets for the dishwasher (our fridge isn't magnetic ) -Puzzles She is also really into dollhouses right now. We aren't buying her one because she plays with my 1980's Strawberry Shortcake house and an old Sylvanian Families house. Otherwise,...
I agree that I LOVE sundresses...BUT they simply are not practical for my 23 month old DD who spends lots of time climbing all over the playground. She gets annoyed with them and they eventually end up bunched up over her head during a fit of toddler frustration. I have found that shorts aren't great either because the slides and other equipment get super hot by midday and she burns her legs. So DD's summer wardrobe looks like this: 3-4 bathing suits (we live in a beach...
I have an English degree. After graduating, I got my provisional certification to teach in MA and found employment in an urban district that helped me get the education credits necessary for professional certification. Since graduating from college, I have successfully taught in MA, CA, and MT. I still haven't taken all of my education credits, so my certification remains provisional until I get three more education credits. (Which seems a little silly given all of my...
I am looking for a pair of water shoes for DD. She is a tiny toddler, almost 2 years old and wearing a size 5 shoe. I'm wondering what water shoes you love? We live in a beach town and will be at the shore almost every nice day and the beaches are rocky down by the waterline. I am also wondering how the sizes tend to run so that I can decide whether to size up or down or true to size for the summer. Ideally, I'd love to find a pair under $20, but I am willing to pay more...