or Connect

Posts by GreenVariety

Yup, I have both their books. I actually pre-ordered both :-D I was doing paleo before I knew that it had a name and I gotta tell you, "Eat Like a Dinosaur" was/is fantastic!
This is a pretty hot topic! It's my understanding that there will be experiences on both sides. I have a friend that had a routine ultrasound at 9 weeks and is convinced that's what caused her spontaneous abortion. We shared the same midwife (a very experienced woman) and when she had early bleeding with her second pregnancy she was advised not to get an ultrasound because it could cause more problems. A lot of home birth midwives I have spoke with are not...
I did find some. A friend brought some from DC for me! But I have some and they are culturing my coconut milk as we speak. Have you checked the WAPF chapter there in Burlington?
I forget what I was recently reading but they were saying that the carb cycle can be broken by switching over to fat every time you get a sugar craving (taking a teaspoon of coconut oil) so you switch your body to fat burning instead of carb burning.  
Hey Mama's, I would like to open my home for a play date here in the near future. My son could REALLY use some kiddo time (and I could use some adult time). Morning would be idea for (10 ish?) as we have animals and stuff. If this is something that works out and you all love it as much as my son will, perhaps we could consider starting a monthly or bi-monthly. I have a few women with kiddo's that I can invite close to me as well. We could, if you would like, even become...
I have those hungry days. When you start adding things back in I found that grass fed gelatin (Great Lakes Brand) was wonderful for holding me over. Making gummies or just a gelatin. I also recently read that coconut oil is wonderful and have been trying to do that when hungry. It seems to do the trick. Just a teaspoon or so. Get the body used to using fat for energy in the place of carbohydrates.   Based on my understanding you should be safe with green peas and...
Hey Saralm! Just wanted to pop in and say "YAY!" congrats! I'm excited for you. The behavior stuff is a kicker isn't it. I think I mentioned above my son's behavior stuff. I also kept meaning to respond about your parents not succeeding with your elimination diet. There is a lot more support now then there was then so I hope you are able to find a super supportive community where you can ask (or just read/listen) to wonderful supportive stuff.   As I mentioned above,...
Wow... lol. I wish I could get my diabetic grandmother to stop eating so many carbs. I know it would be huge for her. But "WHOLE GRAINS" is such the buzz phrase and marketing tool. LOL. Any of them actually nutritionists? I'd be curious to see how much time they actually spent even studying the subject in school (and what they remember). I worked for a vet clinic and the vets get 1 semester, 1 class...and guess who the class is sponsored by/given by (well the vets I was...
Beautiful Babies is a WAPF modeled nutrition course but lots of good info. She covers morning sickness as it is related to liver imbalance but I haven't gotten there yet. Magnesium deficiency is another thing I have read causes morning sickness and since our soils are deficient, we are as well. I've seen a bunch of women talking about being Paleo and their MS. I have been fortunate. I haven't had any morning sickness with either pregnancy. Not sure if it's because I'm...
Not sure if any of you like lemon, but I made this today and it's seriously a little slice of heaven. http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/2009/05/tangy-lemon-curd-honey-sweetened-and-dairy-free.html   This was indicated in a link in the comments (I didn't use whites so mine is real thick and creamy but if you use whites, probably a good plan):       I have been dipping the coconut bark recipe (which I eat without the chocolate) in it (lots and lots of good fat!) ~...