or Connect

Posts by rejoiceinlife

I need some coping suggestions. My 1.5 YO is VERY intense, high needs, and extremely strong-willed. The type of kid who throws tantrums from birth, about anything that disturbs him in the slightest. I am fairly intense myself and don't have a whole lot of patience, and I am at my wits' end with him. We had two huge screaming melt-downs today when I tried to change his diaper. I've been sort of lazily encouraging him to use the potty more (we sometimes EC), and while...
Quote: Originally Posted by VillageMom6 So you are okay with you getting to choose to expose or not but you're not willing to grant others that same courtesy? Because you might miss out on some social events if others choose differently than you? I would be perfectly fine with it if my kids came down with CP or measles or mumps randomly. Sure it might be a horrible time, I might have a young baby, whatever...part of life as far as I am...
Well I do know this: next time I expose my children to something, I will NOT be telling ANYONE. I only told 2 people (fellow non-vaxers) that I thought might want to expose their children as well. I will not make that mistake again, next time if someone wants to expose their children, they can come to me when and if my children actually have the illness. As far as I am concerned, it IS unreasonable for someone to completely ignore the time frame during which my...
It is not other kids she is concerned about, it is her own. She was initially interested in exposing hers but decided it was a bad time. And this party is 6 days after my kids were exposed. The absolute widest range I could find for when they could possibly "catch" CP is 9-21 days after exposure...so there is no possibly way ANYONE could get CP at this party, and she knows that. I think my biggest issue is more the way the text was worded than anything. I think I...
My kids were uninvited from a birthday party this weekend because I exposed them to chicken pox last weekend. Never mind that they couldn't possibly be contagious until the middle of next week, and mom has been told that and could easily verify online or with a quick call to her pediatrician. And the family doesn't even vaccinate, it just isn't a convenient time for their kids to get it. I felt like I had been slapped when I got the text uninviting us. DH doesn't...
How do you handle this? I occasionally get together with a friend who has a 2 year old (my daughter is 3), and I've realized that the 2 year old is not very nice...she bites, claws, and pinches. Poor DD doesn't know what to do, and neither do I. I'm tempted to tell her to sock the other kid...it'd probably put an end to the meanness since DD is quite a bit bigger and stronger, but I'm not sure that's the best thing to do. My friend just tells her daughter to apologize...