or Connect

Posts by Ary99

Hi everyone. I have posting online as Ary99 for 9 years, and hear at MCD for 7. I have had a devastating event in my personal life in which a real life acquaintance (with mental health issues) researched my user name and found my online journal. She then proceeded to read 5 years worth of journal entries and share them with all our common "friends" none of whom had the moral fortitude to decline to participate in this breach of privacy, and none of whom decided to tell...
Beautiful children! I'm so sorry your birthing and bonding process was interrupted needlessly!
Hmmm, that's tough. What did you do? I think I would have said, you can wear the boa with your dress. Did she pick her dress or did you pick it for her? Try to keep calm though because kids like this think exasperation is just hilarious. You say your son is more apt to follow rules. Do you have the chance to do one on one things with him? I do special library time with my older boy since library with an almost 2 year old is extremely difficult.
Quote: Originally Posted by WinterStar I'm not expecting her to self regulate an addiction lol, just TV! I think maybe what you're suggesting is that TV is addictive for a child? The answer to this question was at the heart of my dilemma, and the question I was really asking I suppose. The answer seems to be "no". Or "no, not necessarily" As a person who has dealt with a few REAL addictions in adulthood (of which the very least one was TV), my...
I have to be very concrete with my older son. I lay out expectations before hand and make sure he understands. If you have sprinters, be prepared to leave even a very fun place if they don't listen. Enlist their help at the grocery store, I get lots of mileage out of that. That and "team work", we have to work together as a team to make things happen. Good luck!
My DFD is visiting with her husband and daughter. They live in another state so we haven't spent that much time watching them interact with their 20 month old daughter. It's worth mentioning that I have a 22 month old son and an almost 6 year old son. They are so. . .exasperated with her. They yell at her. Every other word is no. The threaten to spank and I saw my FD swat at her this morning. I have to proceed soooooo cautiously here. I obviously need to talk to her,...
I belong here. I have *waves* in my life, periods of time when I am inexplicably more in tune with whatever. I have had incredibly vivid dreams. I dreamed about a dead teenage girl in Wisconsin. I saw her, her family, felt their grief. And the her name was spelled out in my dream,her common first name and her unusual Polish last name letter coming together like in a bowl of alphabet soup. I googled the name for kicks (it had been such a vivid dream) and pulled up her...
My mother was an alcoholic and an abuser. She was a horrible mother. She threatened suicide and told me it would be all my fault. One day she left a note on my pillow and said she was moving away. I didn't know where she was for months. Tracking credit cards, my dad and I figured out where she was (first in another state, then in another country). My parents divorced and I lived with my Dad. I was 16 and he traveled a lot with work, so I was on my own. I actually just...
Oh, and I am also homeschooling my children, and yes the bullying is part of it (even though there were others who had it sooooo much worse than I did).
Junior high was brutal. I had gone to the same small school kinder through 6th grade and was well liked there. In 7th grade I switched (my other school ended at 6th) to a prestigious college prep school. Did I mention it was brutal? I had started kinder at the age of four, so I started out 7th grade at the age of 11. I was flat as a pancake. I still remember seeing a classmate, "Amanda" for the first time and realizing just how far behind I was physically. A girl...