or Connect

Posts by Asparagus78

Thanks for sharing your story. I suspect that I probably do have some traits as well, and my brother is very likely HFA.     Thanks kanga2roo. I hope you can elaborate on my answers to your questions.     Thanks Straysod. I do think he has some imaginary play, although I understand that 16 months is a tad young to be doing a lot of creative play. But he does understand how to play with toys, and doesn't stack, line up, or mouth them.   Thanks everyone. I will ask for...
My DS2 is 16 months old, and I'm concerned he may have some signs of autism. For what it's worth, ASD is very prevalent in my family (2 uncles, 2 nephews, possibly brother). DS1 was very verbal at this age, and very social, so I'm not sure if I'm just comparing when I shouldn't, or if there is something else here. I did mention it to his dr. last month who completely brushed me off because my DS looked at him and shook his head no when he asked him something. The dr....
I buy the butters from the store - look for them in the health food section. They are quite pricey, but you could make them easily at home if you can get good fresh nuts and seeds. I don't have a recipe for the birchermuesli; it's basically just oats that you soak overnight in the fridge in whatever liquid you want, then add yogurt and fruit and nuts to. If you google it, you'll find a ton of different recipes. I typically make mine by soaking rolled oats in almond milk...
My niece is having the same issue. She eats tons, but weighed only 16lbs at 14 months. They tested for celiac, CF, parasites... and found nothing wrong with her. I've done some research for my sister, and she (with her dr.'s approval...) added the following to her diet: -almond and pumpkin seed butters; -avocado (puree and add to pasta if your child won't eat it): -olive oil (on everything, even fruit purees!); -full-fat cheese; -legumes and hummus My niece was...
Today would be an awesome day to have a baby! I had one on this day exactly 4 years ago (sorry, DDC crashing...) Happy August ladies!
Yep, so true! I think it's because DS1 gets very excited when DH is home and it just makes it hard for all of us. Our solution? We tag team the kids: DH takes DS1 out for some 1-1 time, and I hang with DS2, then we swap for an hour or two, and end the day all together (backyard play, supper, quiet time). It works well. Also, because DH is away a lot, I've noticed he likes to micro-manage the kids when he's home ("here, DS1, you can do play-doh while DS2 plays with...
Indeed hakeber, indeed... I love my job (or did) but don't love it, as I ''OMG this is the best thing that's even happened to me'' kinda way. Anyway, just to show you how confused I am right now, I decided to stay home, then had a 2 hour conversation with my mom extolling the benefits of my decision to go back to work. Now I'm back to square one... I feel like my life will never be the same if I leave my babies. And then DH throws me this curveball: he wants another baby....
DDDC... I always thought that any alcohol, regardless of the amount, could be harmful during pregnancy. When I did some research, I found that no one really knows how much is too much, and when the most damage is likely to occur. While I personally doubt that the occasional beer or glass of wine (like once a week...) would hurt the baby, I have never been comfortable enough to indulge during pregnancy or even BFing for that matter.
Always an interesting discussion, for sure. I've been feeling so sick with making this decision that I've decided to stay home. I cannot part with DS2 yet, and DS1 can (hopefully) get another shot at that school next year. Both boys have to start at the same time in order to get the subsidy. hakeber, you make some good points, although you assume some things that are simply not true, in my case at least. I don't love my job, even though it is a very respected one (one I...
There right now. Some days (ok, most days!) I love him, but I don't like him, if that makes sense. It makes me want to take back every complaint I ever had when he was a baby. Babies are easy compared to preschoolers. I can't wait for the teen years