or Connect

Posts by ~LadyBug~

My MIL is one of my best friends : She is mother I never had but dreamed of having! She has helped me out so much and so many times I can't even count them all. She was the one who took me to the hospital when I was puking my guts out in the middle of the night (I was 12 weeks pregnant) and stayed with me until DH was able to make it there. She was also there for the births of my children, holding my hand, and telling me how strong of a woman I was, she took off two weeks...
Quote: Originally Posted by OGirlieMama OK, what you said wasn't the most polite or respectful thing in the world, but it was concise, clever, and didn't use foul language. So, you probably did better than I might have done in that situation. This! I don't think I would have been EVEN close to that nice as the OP.
I just read the OP's post and no one else's (sorry!) but yes I have been in your situation and the store employee said "You need to spank her a$$" (She was 18 months old!) and I turned around to her and said "Did she come from YOUR uterus? No? Well then back off!" And yes, she did. I think you did a great job mama!!!!
Cascadian Farms is a great brand and it is organic. Also Kashi is a great one. My girls LOVE the granola with pecans and walnuts.
"Are you serious?" Hell of course she is serious she wants me to spin her around the room until I almost fall over and vomit! "Let's go" I keep saying this over and over just hoping they will get moving a tad bit faster.
Maybe they were trying to be funny? Not too funny to me though. I do not like it when I hear kids being called brats....something about that word that just irks me. I hope the person running the daycare doesn't call the children that.
Cooking! We are a bunch of "foodies" and LOVE to grow foods and I think teaching my girls are healthy, nutritious foods is a BLAST. Just today my two year old saw me peeling a kiwi and felt it and said "It's fuzzy" and I said "Yes this is what it looks like before I peel it." She just thought that was so neat. I love cooking with them, they are very good helpers and plus when it is time to eat the meal I tell them they "made" it. They feel so proud of themselves. It is...
Quote: Originally Posted by MommyKelly At our house we have a toys area. Those are toys for everyone. Then the kids each have a shelf in their room for their "special things" things that are important to them and that they do not have to share. And the kids are allowed to play with their special stuff in their room, so they wont be bothered by siblings. This is exactly what we do. My girls are 16 months apart so they have a LOT of toys they...
Quote: Originally Posted by GISDiva People in Target who say to their kids "OK, let's go to the toy aisle!" Really, you want to willingly fight that battle? If it's up to me, DS won't even know that there IS a toy section until he's 12... YES!!! I don't get it either. Maybe the parents just buy them a toy every time they go out? My nephew was like that...he HAD to get a toy every time he went shopping....then one time he had to with me I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Caneel Playdates that involve moms hanging together - there, I admitted it. (coming back to clarify I would love to hang with the type of moms/dads/parents I see on MDC. Its just my area seems to be severely lacking in that department.) Oh my gosh this is totally ME! I am SAHM and I have hardly ANY friends, and I like it that way : I am surrounded by MAJOR mainstream moms (we are talking VERY mainstream) and they...