or Connect

Posts by Dechen

Lou, let it go. Your opinion has been stated. And re-stated.
StormBride, When I was in 2nd grade, I remember a girl wearing a bra (!) so that she could let the strap show. Something about Madonna? And those white lace gloves? (I thought it was pretty dumb). Definately the same phenomena - young girls dressing in what older generations considered risque clothing. I'm not saying you need to approve, but this *is* an issue that every generation deals with. There is nothing new going on here. Look, I hate the message that...
Eh, when I was in middle school I loved midriffs (I think what we call belly shirts now) and mini skirts - although not together. I did have some standards! We were also doing big hair and *shudder* rainbow eyeshadow. I was a nerdy tomboy. Kinda still am. And I still love short skirts, only I wear them with heels now. Theoretically, because these days I don't go anywhere worth dressing up for. My mom is prudish and uptight, but she got married in an ultra...
Sadie, Princess Fiona (Shrek) does a mean karate chop.
I figured most of the mess *was* caused by the six year old in question, but I wanted to wait and let Satori clarify. A determined six year old is strong enough and clever enough to do amazing things. Ah, SID. My dd has has sensory issues up the wazoo. I think most people who haven't experienced kids with these sort of differences have no idea what they're like, and what it is like to parent them. I almost never post about the challenges I face with dd because...
No, many of the posters in this thread are choosing to (a) disbelieve Satori and (b) be condescending in the way they talk to her about their disbelief. It is possible to question who made the mess without being unpleasant. (Some people have). But the overall tone of this thread is rude and confrontational.. We wouldn't show our kids such a lack of compassion, would we? I mentioned one possibility that no one has acknowledged, which is that if you spend 2-3...
I have a mini that I got about 3 years ago. The battery is starting to give up the ghost, but it has been used and abused and it has held up beautifully. The mini has my music and dd's music and it is used in the car, at the gym, when I'm at work, and at home in boombox type player. My IL's got me a 4 gb Nano for by birthday (I asked for one) and I love love love the little thing! The mini is going to be passed on to dd, and we're going to buy a new battery for $25...
My dd is only 3, but she lives to make messes. She gets great joy out of flinging everything she can everywhere she can. She always has. Her idea of "play" sometimes involves emptying every basket, container, whatever she can find and throwing it all around the house. As I clean up one thing, she either undos it immediately or finds another mess to make. If you saw pictures of my house, you'd see adult clutter. Why? I spend so much time doing damage control and...
My dd is very physical, and redirection never worked well. When I was worried about her hurting herself on the couch, I spotted her. I think I once spent 3 very boring-for-me days spotting her 24/7 as she gleefully threw herself over the edge of the couch's arm. When it came to things I couldn't or wouldn't bend on, I'd look for other ways to meet her need. For example, if it had been important to me as a general principle that she not jump on the couch, I would...