or Connect

Posts by KiwiZ

My Mom taught me to sew when I was about 13/14 and I sewed thru HS, quit during college and thereafter.  I picked it up again a few years back (I'm 45 now) and LOVE it.  I sew simple skirts, tops, halloween/school costumes, stuff like that.  It connects me to my mom and my youth and I love every aspect of it (picking out a pattern, picking out cloth, cutting, pinning, sewing, ripping out mistakes LOL, finishing it up)   My Mom also offered to teach me to knit, b ut I...
I was 34 with my first and just a few weeks shy of 37 with my 2nd.  I'm 45 now and do believe we are done LOL    
Oh thats right!  Bertie's father was Dumbledore, Churchhill was Wormtail and the Queen Mum was Bellatrix LOL  If you want more HP alumni, watch "Sense and Sensability" especially if you want to see Alan Rickman FINALLY get the girl LOL   I absolutely adored the final movie, very well done IMO, very satisfying.  I cried when they showed Snape's memories (and immediately created an alternate storyline in my head where he ends up with Lily LOL), cheered when Minerva...
I am especially dying to see (warning:  don't read the following if you are one of the few who hasn't read the books LOL:   - how they handle Snapes last memories to Harry - in the forest when Harry activates the Resurrection Stone - Harry's moments with Dumbledore (the "Kings Cross" chapter) - the triumphant moment right after Voldemort is destroyed   I do hope they don't cut out Mrs. Weasley's line to Bellatrix (not sure if Mothering.com would allow me to...
Oh that makes PERFECT sense!!! You are a genius! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
You guys will find this hilarious - when I got married 20 + years ago, my sister gave us a handmade afghan.  It was gorgeous and just the right size to cuddle under and has held up very well over the years.  One day,I was looking at a scarf my Mom had made and the afghan and thought that I would like to make something to pass on to my kids, an heirloom afghan or something.  I took a class on knitting and absolutely fell in love.  My goal was simply to learn how to make a...
If a knitting pattern said:  "at each neck edge bind off 3 sts 2 times and 1 st 2 times"   does it mean to bind off 3 stitches at a time 2 times?  I have always binded (bound? LOL) off one stitch at a time, so wanted to make sure first   Thanks!
How would you guys like to see the series end?  For  Ayla, I'd like to see her as the wise, experienced leader of her clan.  I'd love it if they "fast forwarded" at the very end into modern day and had one of Ayla's ancestors perhaps as an archeaologist discovering about her past - I think that would be cool
Glad this thread is giving some great ideas!  You asked for more details on the Wilberforce book, I'm only about 1/2 way through, but will try.  IMO the author is excellent at drawing the reader into the time period.  As with the Bonhoeffer book, it was a little dry in places, but now has really "heated up" and I am finding it difficult to put down.  The English language has changed and some of the letters the author includes are difficult for me to work through, but the...
I recently read Eric Metaxas' Dietrich Bonhoeffer biography "Bonhoeffer:  Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy" and am currently reading (same author) "Amazing Grace: William Wilberforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery".  Both are available in Audio CD form.    I found the Bonhoeffer book fairly dry the first 3rd of the way through (childhood details) but utterly fascinating for the rest of the biography as he struggles with how to fight Nazi Germany and maintain the...