or Connect

Posts by WindyCityMom

Hello! I'm trying to completely purge my home. I've gotten my stbx out of my home, and with him went all of his things! A TV and DVD player and xbox used to clutter the mantle. Now there's nothing there-- but it looks very bare. I'm okay with nothing being on it... my issue is that there are two built in book cases. I have a bookshelf in the dining room which adequately houses all of my books. .. so what to do with the mantle? I'm thinking I can put baskets for toys...
I am a bit in freakout mode.. oh, postpartum anxiety... though I did find out today that J has stolen peoples things and thrown them away... no idea why. one girl cousin visits from out of state every summer. two summers ago J threw out her bathing suit. last summer J threw out half of her bathing suit as well as her shoes. MIL said her parents brushed it off.
Recently I've had an issue with a family member stealing from our house...   My MIL lives in a house with four apartments in it- she's on the main floor, and her cousin, his wife, and their three kids (5, 9, 11) live in the attic.  Recently her cousin and his wife have been going through some marital issues.. I don't know how much the kids know, but I know it's got to be hard on them.   Anyways, we recently had two gatherings at our house- Christmas, and my DDs...
also..
I messaged Madi the other day... I'll msg Carlin tomorrow when I can get to a computer.
I'm loving the new mobile version of the forums... Super easy to use! All is good here. I've been working a lot. . But all is well.
My 5 year old isn't too interested, but has asked and though I didn't give her the rundown about endometrial lining, I did explain that women's bodies prepare themselves to have babies and if a baby is not there the body gets rid of the extra stuff it would have needed for the baby.  She was fine with that answer.
I'm highly sensitive to noise- it makes me anxious and overwhelmed.  My girls are LOUD.  My nearly 3 year old DD is a screamer/screecher and my nearly 5 year old is a shouter.  And they both talk generally loud.  Anyways, I hate it, and when they just get overly loud they can either play in their room with the door closed *or* sit on separate couches with books and read to themselves.  They get that I'm highly sensitive to noise- I think it helps that my 5yo is also...
Thank you all for the helpful suggestions!   This past week at OT her therapist told me that she doesn't think that DD is ready for the group-play therapy and that she'd like to continue seeing her for a few more months.  DD has been getting very stressed out by OT lately.. they have been working on having her and another child interact, play simple games like connect 4 and candyland, etc.  DD's OT wants to back off of that, even, because it was pushing DD's comfort...
  Yeah, but like I said- we're broke.  The park district gymnastics class is about 75% cheaper per session and they still have all of the apparatus plus all of the "kid" equipment.  It's a giant two-floor gymnastics center- I feel like the only thing lacking are the coaches.  We go twice/wk, so the can get as "comfortable" with it as they possibly can.. DD1 is just not really loving it.     I guess what I'm looking for is a solo sport.  I wish swimming was "in".  I almost...