or Connect

Posts by AmyKT

Quote: True. And in my yard, the biggest concern is the dog poop. I'd be less concerned about my 7 month old rolling around on the ground stuffing things in her mouth if it weren't for these little land mines. No matter how diligently I pick it up (with the help of my 3 year old, the little weirdo loves that game), it's out there.   I'm lucky that my DH is a SAHD (unlucky that I work full time), so I can schedule time on the weekends to garden while he watches the baby....
My brother and I are trying to finally get our parents internet-enabled. They live out in the country and have limited options, plus, they don't currently have a computer. We can get them a Dell netbook from our cell phone carrier for $40 plus $35/month for a 200 mb data plan. I'd easily burn through that in a day or two, because I stream music and movies all the time, but if they are just looking at websites and doing Facebook, do you think that will be enough? I think...
Baby's Only is the best, most organic, most ethical, hands down. It is also not any more expensive than non-organic, and if you order by the case directly from Nature One, it is much less expensive. But it can cause constipation once you are exclusively FF, so I strongly recommend that you get a probiotic, as well. That seems to take care of the constipation. Baby's Only has their own probiotic, or you could try another specifically for babies. I hope you are able to...
Librarian At my workplace some do (like me) but many don't. Same all over my university. Dress is business casual, for the most part. We tend to dress a little nicer than the profs, except for those in the Business dept. The only place I've ever worked that had a "dress code," which included pantyhose (ugh!) and seemed to expect makeup was a medical department at a hospital run by a 50-something office manager who was simply from that era where those things mattered....
DD1 was not interested enough in being still to learn to sit up on her own, so she did crawl before sitting, though it was an army crawl. But boy oh boy, could she get around! She learned to crawl on all fours at the same time that she could pull herself upright, which was around 8 months. She did eat finger foods from about 6 months, though, because she was interested and she could sit up well in a high chair. It's just that when she was unencumbered on the floor, she'd...
I had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks, and though it moved up, I suspect it was lower than average at birth. I had an uncomplicated natural vaginal birth, but at 6.5 weeks I still get red flow if I do anything even moderately active. Could it be from a low placental attachment scar? This didn't happen with DD1. Though I bled a long time, the red blood didn't keep coming back like this.
6.5 weeks here and thought I was nearly done until last week when I had a couple of days of red again. Then it went away and now it's back. I'm frustrated and confused. Not sure if it's due to activity or something else. I think I had brown spotting until around 6 weeks with DD1, but no return of red this late. Chasing and sometimes wrestling with DD1 this time may be the difference. Btw, why does activity bring back red blood? Isn't there a limit to what's in there?...
She sounds just like my firstborn. I had suicidal thoughts that first month, just wanting to escape, and this was the child we had tried for 2 years to conceive. I felt horrible. About everything. And I had my husband home with me full time whom I wouldn't let him out of my sight for even a couple of hours. I can't imagine being alone all day. I hated when people said this to me then, because I couldn't believe it, but it did get better. I know you're not asking...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tway For myself, I always feel like I need to tell the truth-- .... --as if, by admitting the truth, I'll get the other person to sigh in relief and tell me they, too, were up at 4 in the morning and really need a coffee. Yep, me too. I like giving people "permission" to be honest with me.
Quote: Originally Posted by 71newmom For the first 8 months, I breastfed my son exclusively. Due to some problems with low milk supply, mastitis, and a lot of frustration/stress, we went to the bottle - 100% formula. We've been established with that for a month now, although he will only take between 13-18 oz in a 24 hr period. He's always been a "snacker", taking in small amounts each time, even if we wait 4-6 hours in between. He doesn't, and never...