or Connect

Posts by purplegirl

Quote: Originally Posted by JaneS Tics are connected to thyroid function, see Mark Starr's book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/097...SIN=0975262408 Yes most definitely re: hair loss and spaciness/brain fog those are common. Also with respect to hair loss gluten intolerance is highly correlated. If you don't have a thyroid, low thyroid hormone is the culprit. I would sincerely recommend reading about natural thyroid hormone in Starr's book and at...
I love learning about other mods and members this way. Isn't Ethiopian food just marvelous! Best of luck in completing your Phd!
Quote: Originally Posted by Eclectica The first time I'm posting in this thread! Our house has been in progess (we bought a 1955 fixer a year ago and have been slooowly doing things ourselves) and the dust has finally settled. Here is the Kitchen BEFORE when we moved in. NOW: Kitchen after from same angle Kitchen workspace and kitchen pantry photo This is the first time I've had a clutter free kitchen...and it is smaller than our old place. I just...
Quote: Originally Posted by tanyalynn I've occasionally had problems with different muscles twitching, I fixed it by supplementing magnesium. I tend to notice other low mag symptoms when I'm under stress, the twitching muscle thing is a late symptom for me so most of the time these days I can avoid it. yup, that's what comes to my mind. I get myoclonus--muscle jerking, which I feel in my chest too. I know I need to load up on magnesium which...
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR I'm not sure. I just joined the forum where they're discussing all things HE. It looks like there are some people trying LDN, but I haven't read those discussions yet. I'm sorry, did you have thyroid cancer? I've seen studies showing that thyroid antibodies have a correlated increase of incidence in thyroid and breast cancers... (Trust me, not the info I want either. ) eta: and too. I tend to be a little more...
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR yes, my doctors have all shrugged it off thay've all said "some amount of tics is normal for any person" basically. it's not effecting daily living so they don't care I am freaking out because I have so many of the symptoms....a lot of them. Can you have this in the absence of a thyroid? No one has ever mentioned hashi to me before. I don't know if I've had an antibody test ever. I had my thyroid removed...
Quote: Originally Posted by JacquelineR That is all stuff that did or has happened to me. However, I have suspicions that I may have "mild" type II Hashimoto's Encephalopathy which was misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder (unresponsive to treatment). I'm trying to figure out my best options for treatment. Treatment for this is usually high-dose steroids, though I'm wondering if low dose naltrexone would be helpful. Did you have the myoclonic stuff...
i am feeling like I am super hypo and have been since the summer. I just got some blood work done and am anxious for the results. I have orthostatic hypotension, my hair has all fallen out and my ankles are swollen. Does being hypo affect your cognitions? I feel so spacey and am doing things that don't make sense, ie putting stuff in the frig that belongs in the cabinet. Additionally, I've been having myoclonic tics. I don't know if it is related but it scares the...
Nice to get to know you better. You make me want to try Method Lavender all purpose cleaner. Sounds soooo refreshing!!
Quote: Originally Posted by shayinme Goodness it's been quieter than normal here. Well my son is officially a college student, so far he is in hog heaven. He called me today to say he loves college! Unlike high school where he felt he was not free to have an opinion and express it, his professors encourage diversity in views. As a kid who wants to go into either constitutional or public service law he is in his element. My kidlet starts kindergarten...