or Connect

Posts by purplegirl

Quote: Originally Posted by koofie I bought mine from Lowes. It was with the drip irrigation stuff. Thanks
My heart aches for you. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers for comfort.
Quote: Originally Posted by cschick I tend to have things planted at this time of year which do okay without too much water. It's been in the 90s recently, and I've been getting out there to water every two days? The shade from the insane pumpkin plants seem to be keeping everything damp. I have a soaker hose and water timer I put out when we go on vacation. I need a water timer for when I'm away. Where did you get yours from? thanks
Quote: Originally Posted by ZoshaMosha Yes, I used to have this. It helps to remember to have a cell phone with you. Most elevators, especially in hotels, have phones and emergency alarms. But I find that having my own cell phone with which to call for help if need be helps. Yes!! I've been diligent about having it with me on the elevator. I've managed three days so far. It still is a bit disconcerting but I'm doing it. It helps that this...
It's becoming debilitating. I am away with my husband. we are staying on the 34th Floor of a hotel. So that means multiple trips up and down. I'm less anxious if he is with me but tomorrow I will be alone all day. It's either, get on alone or stay in the room for a good 12hrs until he returnsl Years ago, I got stuck in an elevator that kept going up and down 19 floors. That is what triggered this. HELP!! Any suggestions would be appreciatedl
Quote: Originally Posted by oyinmama aw thanks sis! re: the drive, lol i know that's right! yknow, after i wrote abt the NY weddings i was like, 'hmm, the vineyard is only abt half as long a drive from NY... maybe we can make it happen if we do the weddings and then head on up from there...' spent a frantic hour googling. i cobbled together a master plan and went to pitch it to the hubster. b(did you know there's actually an amtrak that goes overnight...
Quote: Originally Posted by oyinmama ooh vineyard, fun! are you driving up, or flying? i must admit i am a little daunted by the idea of taking such a long drive with a toddler ... right now we are planning to take a few days in cape may NJ - akwaaba has a great B&B there where we spent a couple days there last year - the baby was RIGHT at home in the ocean and i can't wait to bring him back! in baby news, i just made my ultrasound appt yesterday -- a...
It's completely feasible that we could meet up. On our way back, we have to take my stepson to LaGuardia Airport. We will need to kill time since his flight doesn't leave until late Sunday afternoon. Soooooo, stopping to meet you all somewhere in New England might be possible. I'll know more as we get closer to the date (July 25th is when we head that way)
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikaDP Hi Lisa, Don't worry about the weather in Seattle! It changes quickly and there are so many great indoor activities to enjoy while you are there! And I would highly recommend going to Vancouver if you have the time. It is one of my favorite cities in the world! Have a great time!♥ Take Care, Erika(I don't wear a fro, I'm just a sister who likes this smilie!): Awesome. I can't wait and I will be sure to let...
Hey! How is everyone? Any babies born yet? I am doing alright. M. and I are leaving Monday for a week in Seattle. I am sort of excited but, I hear the weather has been less than agreeable. I'm hoping to meet one of our MOC who currently lives in Seattle We want to drive up to Vancouver if time permits. Really, it will be fun just getting away for a minute. Later in July, we're going to the Vineyard. As most of you know, that's my paradise I've been struggling with a bit...