or Connect

Posts by purplegirl

It's nice to get to you know you better!
Quote: Originally Posted by AndrewsMother RD, yesterday I remembered that I was livid when I saw my shower invites. Someone listed the stores where I registered The invitations were already mailed, so all that I could so was suffer in silence. Perhaps your friend was in a similar situation. As for issues of class, the denotative meaning has become convoluted by popular culture and the media. I listen to the women at my job, and realize that their...
I agree with Shay on the 'new money' issue and the unintended tackiness that sometimes accompanies said folks! I grew up in a comfortable background but frankly, I eschew much of the pretentiousness of folks around me. I've gotten quite comfortable with a circle of folks who are down to earth and come -as you- kind -of -people. There are times when I can't avoid situations like the one you described, Rootz. However, I do my best to avoid them when I can. Michael's family...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy Purplegirl, that is so upsetting. Are you okay? Ya know for a minute, it was sort of stinging. I found it incredulous that he was so blatant. However, I realize he's a man who must struggle with his sense of self. I mean he's an accomplished surgeon with tremendous credentials but, he obviously felt some type of way that we had gone to the same university. I felt somewhat powerful writing him a letter...
My oral surgeon!! So before he begins the procedure, he asks where I went to college. It turns out he went to the same school for medical and dental school and his son is a current student. I mentioned that my cousin went through the dental school as well, yada, yada. He injects me with the Novocaine and props my mouth open. While waiting for the numbness to kick in, he asked if I was from West Philly (where the said college is located). I shook my head but couldn't ...
That's fantastic news, Shay. What an exciting time in his life.
Quote: Originally Posted by ErikaDP HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MAMAS! Yes! And the same to you, Erika!
Shay, I honestly don't know how folks afford to pay college tuition. Mike's oldest is graduating (well, supposed to be). I was secretly hoping he'd go into the military or do a community college for a few years. In reality, he is way too immature to handle college and what a waste of funds it would be to find out the hard way. Why can't college be universally free??? I am sorry to hear about your ongoing pain. Again, I think because you had a double whammy, you're...
How horrible. I am so sorry for your loss.
Quote: Originally Posted by CTH3989 Thank you! Welcome!!