or Connect

Posts by purplegirl

Quote: Originally Posted by Jannah6 Oh Lisa,many many many BIG HUGS to you. I absolutely know how you feel. I wish that I could offer some advice,but I myself suffer from the same issues,if not worse. You are an intelligent and beautiful woman who deserves much success in whatever you decide to do. You're so sweet. In fact, you all are. I appreciate the sharing and in a weird way, knowing I'm not alone is reassuring. I wouldn't wish this on...
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter'sMummy Can i just attempt planting seeds? i would like basil and chives the most, is it pretty easy up keep? You might find this thread helpful http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1054982
I love getting to know my co mods this way!
Hey to one of my favorite facebookers Your family is just adorable but I've told ya that before!
Quote: Originally Posted by shayinme Sadly I think its very common especially among Black women where we have so many societal issues to deal with. I feel the same way, for years I lorded my education and credentials over us and really it was about trying to say I was worthy. I am growing out of it but I still have many of the same demons you mentioned that at times really threaten to overtake me. Hugs to you. By the way I owe you a email , its been a...
Quote: Originally Posted by eilonwy I think it's fairly common among successful people, really. It stands to reason that it would be more common among successful black people, and still moreso among successful black women, simply because there are relatively few of them. It's always hard to believe that you're part of an elite group; The more elite the group, the harder it is to believe. I think that a lot of it has to do with generally feeling...
I am fighting against some personal demons which seem to growing as I get older. Despite my fair amount of personal and professional accomplisments, I find myself fighting strong waves of insecurity. I suppose this malady has been a part of my being for a long time but lately, it is haunting me like crazy. I was chatting with a facebook friend who shared that she has 'imposter syndrome'. Much to her surprise, I could relate. She couldn't believe that a person who is,...
Quote: Originally Posted by KatWrangler I just read a blog entry by Katie Couric on Huffington Post. OMG I watched the video and started bawling. Yea, me too. This is the saddest thing I've ever witnessed.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricaDoula It is so sad. I can't even begin to imagine what these people are going through! Talk about heart wrenching. I can hardly bear to watch the images. I feel helpless and even though I've made donations, there is a niggling feeling of not doing enough. Quote: Originally Posted by mamefati28 We are still unable to get in touch with a family member there. His phone rings but never goes to...