or Connect

Posts by foolishpony

Hi Sarah, Welcome to Lancaster! I can't say enough good things about Dr. Stephen Wehibe at Abbeyville Family Medicine. Excellent bedside manner, respectful, actually has children AND likes them... the best I've found here (and it's our third practice and we are no vax). Lots of like-minded people in the area, I'd say, but you have to work to find us. I second the idea about LLL (even if you are past the nursing days). All the leaders in the county are great and...
Thank you so much for responding!!! I think my original post wasn't worded very well -- wrote it too late at night. I will look into this.   Thanks again for your time!
My husband may (or may not!) have a job offer in that area in the next month or so. We would be moving from the East. I'm curious as to how we'd "fit in" in the Marietta area. We home school, no vax, my son is intact -- you get the idea.   Specifically, does anyone know of no vax friendly docs in area, any more holistically minded dentists, any experience with home schooling, organic sources for food shopping...?   I'd so appreciate anything you'd like to tell...
Saturday morning I finally got to wash my 2 yo DS's cloth diapers. It's been a bad week, so they sat for 3 days. Yes, ick. As I opened the (dry pail) lid, a fruit fly flew out. So I get half way through the pail and I see many little worms on 2 of the diapers. I am POSITIVE I would have noticed that when I changed him. Of course I freak out, call the doctor and rush him there because when I describe it to the receptionist she immediately says "pin worms". It was not our...
OP here. I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has posted. It is an emotional roller coaster right now for me, and reading all your kind words have been a big help. I'm still trying to process so much new information -- this may take me a while!  
I would so appreciate anything you wish to say or tell me. I am feeling very overwhelmed and frightened about the future. I am not trying to complain, but my situation is this: I am 40 and this was a surprise pregnancy (my fault). I stay at home with DD, 5 and DS, 2 1/2. I began watching an infant 2 days ago to bring in some money as we are struggling financially. My husband is a college coach and has an erratic schedule, long work hours (when he is home he is recruiting...
OP here. I guess I wasn't very clear earlier. I do have a set and intend to keep them. We do have internet access, but I admit to being old-fashioned and like the idea of teaching my children how to look in a book for reference. And, completely IMHO, I am ok with my children being as low-tech as possible for a while.   I used to read through these books, looking at the pictures and just remember it being a pleasant experience.   So, again, my question is now that...
did you also keep the year books and science annuals? I have a set of World Books from 1989, I think, and there are also almost as many year books. I don't have the space for just the original set and my husband thinks I'm crazy for keeping those...   Just wondering if anyone has dealt with this. BTW, my children are small and still non-readers.
I love my Mei Tai Baby!!! I've used it with DD and with DS. DS was pretty chunky for a while and I never felt that the material wasn't strong enough. Plus, the fact that you can cinch it made it great when he was younger. Still use it with him now that he's 19 months. Even my almost 4 yo DD can still go in. I did pick up a 2nd MT (Freehand) and have to say I don't like it nearly as much... Good luck!  
I'm really happy with Dr. Wehibe at Abbeyville Family Medicine in Lancaster (just outside the city). He has a great bedside manner and seems to really like kids! He's been fine with our non vaxing and is just generally respectful of all our decisions.   I have also seen Dr. Hurst, but am MUCH happier with Dr. Wehibe. I know it's a bit of a drive, but I think he'd be worth it. PM me if you want more info.   Good luck!