or Connect

Posts by ladyshah

I grew up in a 3-br rancher (sorry don't know how many square feet :P), and always felt that everyone was in each other's business. I'd drop something in my bedroom, and mom, in the den at the other end of the house, would yell "You okay?" Also, one shower for a whole family can be a problem, esp. with 3 women in the house, hehe! DH, on the other hand, grew up in a huge house, one of those where you call and ask if someone is home and they say, "I don't know, let me...
Quote: Originally Posted by myrhhmaid do you know someone who has dealt with this kind of complication? an 18 y.o. friend had a beautiful baby girl 4 mos. ago in the hospital. she had a routine episiotomy and said she was cut 'stem to stern'. she was given percocet right after the birth for the pain, which made her terribly constipated. she didn't poop for over a week-and when she did-it came out of her birth canal! of course she was mortified!...
Quote: Originally Posted by Justice2 It seems to me that the OP is looking for support for her decision. That is just something that I cannot give. It hurts me to imagine this little baby, this trusting little soul, who has done nothing wrong, crying - no, screaming - alone until she pukes. How is that teaching her good sleeping habits? All that is teaching her is that when the chips are WAY down, mama is gonna close me up in a room all by myself to...
We got married because we are best friends and partners, are better people together than apart, and wanted those factors to be recognized legally and publicly. Regarding the gay marriage issue--I think it's a noble thing to organize for it, but the idea that I cannot avail myself of a privilege others lack is just too broad. Should I also not take advantage of my ability to afford a house; living on the street until all homeless people are housed? Not take any job...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava I think you are make GIANT leaps here. A pregnant woman smoking marijuana is not necessarily a "drug-addicted mother" nor is she necessarily "high all the time" nor is there necessarily "neglect and abuse" occuring. If a mother is high all the time or she is a drug addict or she is neglectful and abusive, those are grounds for CPS to investigate. But to automatically remove her child for testing positive for drug...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava Was this a response to my post? Are you saying that any mother who tests positive for drug use (before she actually has a child in her care) should have her children removed from her by CPS? I don't think anyone said that. But if a mother is chronically ADDICTED to drugs and has been negligent enough to test positive repeatedly during pregnancy and before birth, CPS should at least investigate to make...
Quote: Originally Posted by kavamamakava Since when is testing positive for drugs grounds for cps to come and remove the child? So it's fine for a drug-addicted mother to raise children, but not a spanking mother? Physical abuse is is a problem, but not the neglect and abuse that may occur while mom is high? I think they're virtually the same thing. I don't get why we are defending behavior like this. It's your right to do what you want to...
Quote: Originally Posted by jannan 14 pages of bashing spiceymomma for doing to her daughter something within her right as a parent to do. guess what folks? her daughter will never remember it , and if she chooses when she is older not to wear earrings, she doesn't have to. i'm wondering if spicey momma is of hispanic descent...in that culture it is very commom. all the ignorant comments posted here about body mutilation would never be addressed to a...
I can agree with the points made by folks who don't like the piercing, esp. since the OP mentioned that her baby was screaming. But the melodrama in some of the posts comparing it to circumcision; to having a nail driven through your foot, or being beaten, is beyond me. I'm not necessarily for piercing babies' ears; as my own mom didn't let me have them done til I was 10, and only with my consent. But to compare a couple seconds' worth of a pinprick in the ear to the pain,...
Quote: Originally Posted by momsgotmilk4two I wouldn't say we "know" you will have a healthier baby if you eat vegetarian. You can have just as healthy of a baby, but I wouldn't say that there is anything conclusive on you having a healthier baby. true