or Connect

Posts by Brisen

Our list is up in the air again.  As much as I like Magnus, I don't want a repeat inital (we have an M name already) and it is so similar to one we already have (Rasmus).  That means Morris is out, too, because of the M.  And dh just vetoed Orion.  :P   Elias (Eli) might be on our list; I think dh will end up vetoing that one, too.  We like Cal names, but can't find one we both like enough.   Dh likes V names; I just vetoed Varian, so now I'm trying to find names...
Yeah, it depends on how you do it.  I had a friend who switched to all organic (she was also into TF) and for the first few months, they were spending $1000 each month.  She realized they couldn't sustain that and that she would have to give up the organic convenience foods she was buying.  When I was doing more TF stuff, we were getting 1/4 of a cow and raw milk & cream from a local farm.  That was all organic, and some of the produce I bought was, too.  I did a lot...
I was doing more TF several years ago.  I know that everyone says that eating all that fat helps keep you full, but I found it only really worked for me if I was also eating a lot of fiber.  So I would have heaps of veggies along with my meals.  I ate quite a bit of saurkraut and also (really not very spicy) cortido (I added some mayo to make a creamy coleslaw).  Also a lot of (soaked) bread or muffins.  We did eat meat fairly often, but I stretched it out quite a bit...
I also tend to make big batches of meals and just heat up a bit when I need a snack.  I really like chili for this, or chowder.  I also like 3-bean salad for snacking on.  Baked potatoes are filling and you can load them up with butter, sour cream, and cheese.  Or some of that leftover chili.  Do you eat canned tuna?  If you make up some tuna salad and keep it in the fridge, you can dip bread/crackers/breadsticks/veggies in it for a snack.  Dh loves to mix egg salad...
Glad you got it solved.  I hope the adjustments work quickly for you!
I didn't know that was how nameberry started -- neat!  I like it there, but I do worry that it is kind of it's own little naming subculture and these more "out there" names start to feel normal, and I Iose perspective.  :P  I mean, I'm kind of trying these names on for size, and I will sometimes take a step back and think, "Are we seriously going to name a kid Orion? or Magnus?  Is that too much?"  But some of our other kids have names that are almost as out there...
I found a helpful website for names the other day.  I've been a bit concerned about how a couple of our names will sound or wear, and I found a site that lets people answer a survey about their own name.  You can see how many people answered the survey for that name, how much they like that name, if they recommend parents use it for their kid, if they were bullied about their name, etc.   Start http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/?navid=BNW_rightRail, search for...
cameragirl, I'm sorry things are so difficult right now.  I hope you can get the care you need and get it all sorted out and get back to feeling more normal.
My nausea has been gone for a while, and so have my food aversions, so that has been nice.  I'm not as exhausted as I was, but I'm still pretty tired a lot of the time.  I'm pretty sure my iron is low, despite good numbers on the blood draw at 12 weeks, and I feel it when I try to climb stairs or scrub stuff, things like that.  Apart from that, it's mostly a bunch of little things, like you guys are saying, and stuff caused by my belly getting bigger -- my varicose veins...
Lalaith, I'm so sorry!  And I can't believe that people are treating you that way.  That's ridiculous.  Weekly recasting and braces and everything is a big deal, of course you're worried.   Sometimes I don't understand people.  I hear stories of so many insensitive comments to pregnant women, many along the lines of "at least the baby is _________" (healthy, alive, etc.).  Like mothers are never allowed to be sad or upset if things could have been worse.  It's so...