or Connect

Posts by Brisen

Congrats, Bobbys!  Will you have to change your UN now?  ;)   We told the kids with blue cupcakes tonight.  Apparently, our oldest's French is improving quite a bit because he picked it up beforehand from dh and I trying to sneakily talk about it, lol.  I also called my MIL to let her know, and I happened to be emailing dh's little sister, so I told her, too.  They both said "Congratulations!" and were 100% happy about it.  I lucked out in the IL department.
I had my anatomy scan today... we're having a boy!  Apparently a very active little boy; he didn't stop moving through the whole exam, which took some extra time because of the wiggling and because the tech was demoing a new machine.  Unfortunately, I couldn't feel much of it; apparently, I do have an anterior placenta.  :P  That explains not feeling much movement.  I'm really bummed about it, actually.  I love feeling all those kicks and that movement.  Sigh.  I'll...
Looks like going with the stats was a safe bet.  This little guy was wriggling around all over the place; the tech had a hard time getting the pictures she needed, but early on, she said he wasn't being shy about letting us know what he is, lol.  Apparently, he kept flashing his bottom at her through the whole exam.  She guessed that he wants to make sure we don't use any of our girl clothes on him, lol.   It should be easier for us to figure out a name now.  Though we...
My kids tend to be up late and sleep in, and they tend to stay up/sleep in later and later as time goes by, so I like the time change in the fall.  My 4 yo was actually asleep before 9:30 last night!  He's still snoozing now; the lights are on in his room and kids are doing stuff upstairs, but I'll probably have to go up in a bit and wake him up.  He'll sleep until 10 am if I let him.  And then be up until midnight.   I don't actually have much in the way of mood...
Lalaith -- yes, I think that's what's happening.  I was feeling more movement last night and even some this morning, which has been unusual for me.  I was poking around and it seems like his position has changed -- up much higher and I can feel bumpy bits around my navel.  Yesterday, I could just feel a long hard bump lying across just above my bikini line.  I don't think my placenta is out in front, though, because I can feel the baby fairly well from the outside.  I...
Congrats!  and Welcome :)
I hate the having to pee thing!  I wouldn't mind them at all, except for that.   This is totally anecdotal, but the pregnancies where I had the most BH, I also had the most false labour.  I have only felt a few so far, and that's less than in my last few pregnancies, so I'm hoping the pattern holds for me.
I think I have been feeling something.  I guess part of the problem is that for days at a time, any movement I felt wasn't strong enough that I was sure it was movement.  But yesterday afternoon & evening it picked up enough that I'm pretty sure it was the baby.  I've had some nudges this afternoon, too.  I think his spine is still facing out, so anything I feel is not too distinct, just bumps and taps way down low/in.  But there has been enough of that that I'm no...
Chelsea, nice to see you again!  Sorry you're getting those obnoxious comments.  I would do exactly what you said -- deadpan it, and say yup, we're planning a vanbirth.  We feel it's safer than a homebirth, since we're already in the van to head to the hospital if any complications arise.  :P   My iron supplements seem to be kicking in; I managed to get stuff done in the kitchen most of the day yesterday with only a short break to put the toddler down for a nap, and...
freelancemom -- not even your dh in the public hospital?  That would be frustrating.   I'm a super private person and I've never had any desire to have anyone there with me, other than dh.  And I tend to tell him to sleep or have him set things up when I'm labouring.  I spend most of the time back and forth between the toilet and the shower once things pick up, so I just go into the bathroom and close the door and I'm in my own little bubble.  Until I start pushing....