or Connect

Posts by Brisen

I get them sometimes, too.  Mostly if I've been exerting myself too much.  They're never really painful, just kind of achy.
Cellist, I heard or saw it mentioned somewhere that 16 weeks was the start of a growth spurt.  I googled, and the info generally says growth spurt starting at 16 weeks, but it doesn't always agree on how long.  The longest I think I saw was 16-20 weeks, but now that I think about it, most places said it was about 3 weeks long.  I started getting really hungry all the time again just after 16 weeks, and at about 18 weeks, I suddenly felt huge.  My fundus was a couple of...
On my side of the family, there is Morton's toe.  Also known as Celtic toe, and that would be where it comes from in my familly.  The second toe is longer than the big toe.  I have it, and I think both of my siblings have it.  We also have, from my dad's side, some double-jointed fingers.  Which isn't really useful for anything except grossing my mom out.  Oh, and we can all roll our tongues, which I believe is genetic.  Ds1 can triple roll his.   On dh's side of the...
Congrats, Christine!  Dh's family is similar, except they have 4 girls, 2 boys in a row, and then another girl.   cameragirl, it's exciting that your dd is reading!  But yes, it does come with a bit of trouble, lol.  Is the blog Girl's Gone Child?  I hope things get worked out with your mom soon, or that you guys are able to get your own place.  It's awkward and stressful.  We've had boarders before, and we've thought about doing it again, but I dread it.  Mostly...
You should have joined me for lunch yesterday -- I had poutine from New York Fries for the first time in about 5 years.  It was so good.
I don't know how you're supposed to pronounce Amelie -- in French, I think it's like Emily, but with a short A sound.  I would pronounce Annely like that, but with an N -- ANN-uh-lee.  That "uh" looks ungraceful in there, but I wasn't sure how to write it.  It's like you you say the "i" in Emily.  
Bobbys:   Walter, nn Wally Douglas, nn Doug(ie) Thomas, nn Tommy (it's a really common name, but I don't think it's very popular now, and hasn't been for a little while) Daniel, nn Danny Arthur, nn Artie Patrick, nn Paddy Louis, nn Louie Wilson, nn Sonny Simon, nn Si Tobias, nn Toby Sebastian, nn Bash Isaac, nn Ike August(us), nn Gus Theodore, nn Ted/Teddy Lincoln, nn Link Jasper, nn Jazz Abraham, nn Bram Frederick, nn...
Beth -- How about Reggie?  Ginny might work.  Or Nina (from the -in sound at the end)?  Maybe Penny?  Really, I'm just grabbing a few random letters here and adding cutesy ending sounds, lol.  But if you can get Bill from William or Dick from Richard...
I've already talked about our name lists a bit, but I love talking names, so I'll post about them here, too ;)   Girls: Helen Glenna Margaret Eleanor Glenna Margaret Laurel Glenna Margaret possibly just Glenna Margaret or Glenna Violet   Boy names, we're not nearly as settled on.  Walter Bruce is a possibility for a double middle name.  We also like David, Paul, and Richard as middle names if we choose a more unusual first name, and Faust or Varian to go...
Mmmm, pumpkin spice.  I might have to make some pumpkin pie squares now.   I rarely buy poptarts, mostly because I'll just eat, like, 6 in a row if we have them in the house.  I indulged in a box recently.  There are still a few left, but apparently, I've met my quota for this year.  :P